Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Time for Settlement permit

Toggle
Time for Settlement permit
Answer
2/8/05 4:37 PM
Hi
I have been in germany for almost 5 yrs now and earlier the first 18 months i was on a residence permit and a work permit ,by then i was a employee in india but worked in germany on deputation .I got allowances and my company paid taxes ..Now after 18 months of work permit i got a GC .. can i apply for my settlement permit considering those 18 months too or should i have to wait till my GC completes 5 full years

Any idea ?
- Pre
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Time for Settlement permit
Answer
2/8/05 4:51 PM as a reply to Preethu S.
München
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/05 5:13 PM as a reply to Preethu S.
if you had AE and no pause longer than 6 months than you can count it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/05 11:34 AM as a reply to Preethu S.
DVD,

I'm not sure about the 6 months you mentioned. The requirement for NE, besides others, is to have 5 years Aufenthaltserlaubnis. It doesnt say the LAST 5 years.
And I think also this is not a lack of better words because when they really want to mention that they're reffering to the last period they say it so (see the law for examples).

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18