Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

GC Holder: Arbeitsamt refuses to pay Kindergeld

Toggle
For 2 years, I'm in Germany as a Greencard holder. After starting to work here, I married and brought my wife here last year. 2 months ago, we had a son.

I have applied for Erziehungsgeld and Kindergeld. Currently the former is granted. But Arbeitsamt refused to pay Kindergeld. I got a letter from them saying that I'm not eligible to take Kindergeld.

I have never heard something like that. Actually, I dont know what to do now. Has anybody ever encountered a case like this?

Regards,
Gulermu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC Holder: Arbeitsamt refuses to pay Kindergeld
Answer
6/23/05 5:05 PM as a reply to gulermu gulermu.
Allways something new with german Beamters.
Of course you can have KG. I am (was) GC and I have KG all the time.

Acctually it is not so strange if they think so. About GC could only ABH know something. AA does not have a clue about GC so you should explain them. You should say that GC is now same as every other AE according to §46.2 BeschV.
GC exists no more so your AE is just a normal AE.
GCler was even before eligible to get Kindergeld but in your case it is not important.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 5:08 PM as a reply to gulermu gulermu.
Did they gave any reason for this refusal? I got my kids here since a bunch of time and they've never missed their KG, they have even be paid for when they were processing the case.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 6:11 PM as a reply to gulermu gulermu.
Hi,
I am also a GC and working here since May 2001. In the first two years I didn't know about kindergeld. When some one told me, I applied and got it for the whole period. That was actually nice, a surprise bonus :-))

Anyway, all of us GCs are eligible for kindergeld. Only the Erziehungsgeld depends upon one's income.

You should check with them once more, or if they have already given their rejection in writing, discuss it with trust7 / vpmk lawyers.
Kindergeld is a significant amount and one should not lose it because of an AA beamter's ignorance.
Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 4:22 PM as a reply to gulermu gulermu.
By the way, the text of the brief coming from AA is at the end of this reply.I would be happy to hear any comment about the refusal from you, if there are more clues which related to it, in the text.

DvD wrote

"Acctually it is not so strange if they think so. About GC could only ABH know something. AA does not have a clue about GC so you should explain them. You should say that GC is now same as every other AE according to §46.2 BeschV. GC exists no more so your AE is just a normal AE. GCler was even before eligible to get Kindergeld but in your case it is not important."

To DvD,

Could you please explain it with a bit more detailed way. Actually, I'm not familiar with some of the abbreviations that you gave above. What is ABH and AE? According to a friend of mine wich is also a GC, we all GCs have "einer Aufhenthaltserlaubnis zum Zwecke der Erwerbstätigkeit" which mentioned the text below.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Kindergeld nach der Einkommensteuergesetz(EStG)

Ihr Antrag auf Kindergeld vom 17.05.2005 wird hiermit abgelehnt.

Nach § 62 EStG steht ausländischen Staatsangehörigen nur dann Kindergeld zu, wenn sie im Besitz
* einer Niederlassungserlaubnis,
* einer Aufhenthaltserlaubnis zum Zwecke der Erwerbstätigkeit,
* einer Aufhenthaltserlaubnis nach § 25 Abs. 1 und 2, den §§ 31, 37, 38 des Aufhenthaltsgesetzes oder
*einer Aufhenthaltserlaubnis zum Zwecke des Familiennachzugs zu einem Deutschen oder zu einer von den Nummern 1 bis 3 erfassten Personen, sind.

Nach der vorliegenden Unterlagen erfüllen Sie keine dieser Voraussetzungen.

Deshalb haben Sie keinen Anspruch auf Kindergeld. Falls Sie lohnsteuerpflichtiger Arbeitnehmer sind, kann die Eintragung eines Kinderfreibetrages auf der Lohnsteuerkarte möglich sein. Sie können sich unter Vorlage dieses Bescheides an das für Ihren Wohnsitz zuständige Finanzamt wenden.

Ihre Aufhenthaltserlaubnis gemäß § 32 Ab. 3 AufhentG begründet keinen Anspruch auf Kindergeld.

Rechtsbehelfsbelehrung:

Dieser Bescheid kann mit dem Einspruch angefochten werden. Der Einspruch ist bei der vorbezeichneten Familienkasse schriftlich einzureichen oder zur Niederschrift zu erklären. Die Frist für die Einlegung eines eines Einspruchs beträgt einen Monat. Sie beginnt mit Ablauf des Tages, an dem Ihnen der Besceid bekannt gegeben worden ist. Bei Zusendung durch einfachen oder Zustellung durch eingeschreibenen Brief gilt die Bekanntgabe mit dem dritten Tag nach Aufgabe zur Post als bewirkt, es sei denn, dass der Besceid zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt zugegangen ist. Bei Zustellung mit Postzustellungsurkunde oder gegen Empfangsbekenntnis is Tag der bekanntgabe der Tag der Zustellung.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott