Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

Diwali Dhamaka - Indian festival, Celebration party in Munich - Saturday 21

Toggle
Hi,
I am posting this message on behalf of Event organizers.

========================================

Hi Friends,

ConnectingIndians.com presents a mega Event on Diwali with Co-operation with KOHINOOR Indian shop.

Program Highlights
Traditional Pooja
Tabla & Sitar Concert
Bollywood Dance
Live Shows
Lucky Draws

DJ of the Night: DJ-G-One (Desi Rajas)

Entry: 19 € (including Lavish Buffet)

Pink Halle,
Leopoldstr. 250
80807 Munich,
(behind Buddha Lounge)
from Münchener Freiheit, BUS 140/141 , STOP GRIEG STRASSE

Contact
Tickets available @ KOHINOOR, tel: 089-554522
am stachus, Adolf-kolpingstr 10,
80336- Munich.
(or) 01634662016 / 017620734651
info@connectingindians.com

Greetings,
C.I. Team
========================
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Diwali Dhamaka - Indian festival, Celebration party in Munich - Saturda
Answer
10/21/06 1:38 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Reminder for Diwali Dhamaka.

===================================
Dear Friends,

Wish you a happy Diwali & Ramadan.

ConnectingIndians.com Presents Diwali Dhamaka Event on 21-Oct-2006 at 20:00 hrs in co-operation with Kohinoor

Program Highlights

Traditional Pooja
-- Pooja from well known Priest (Kunj Vihari)
Tabla & Sitar Concert
-- traditional Indian music
Bollywood Dance
-- performed by Desi Ranis
Lavish Buffet
-- see below Menu
Live Shows
Lucky Draws

DJ of the Night: DJ-G-One (Desi Rajas)

Lavish Buffet Menu

Starters
-- mixed vegetable pakoda
-- Aloo Tikki
-- choley chat
-- chicken fry

Main Dishes
-- Dal
-- Palak paneer
-- Butter chicken
-- Lahm Korma
-- Roti
-- Rice
-- Salad
Sweets
-- Gulab Jamun
-- Jilebee

Entry
19 € (including Lavish Buffet)
0-6 years free
6-12 years 10€

Place
Pink Halle,
Leopoldstr. 250
80807 Munich,
(behind Buddha Lounge)
route: From (U3,U6) Münchner Freiheit take 140/141 Bus and get down at Grieg Strasse

note: Very spacious event hall with good parking places.

Contact
Tickets available @ KOHINOOR, tel: 089-554522
am stachus, Adolf-kolpingstr 10,
80336- Munich.

note: Tickets can be purchased on the Spot.

or

info@connectingindians.com

best wishes from
CI Team
www.ConnectingIndians.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/06 5:01 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
=============================
Cheating/Misbehaviour with Indians @ Diwali Dhamaka !!!
Boycott the Organizer-Kohinoor who misbehaved/manhandled
=============================

Feedback from my friend Siddharth:

A sad story of how we were mis-/manhandled at Diwali Dhamaka after paying 20 euros each of the hard-earned money. Those who went to this party definitely noticed that the food ws extremely disorganized and chaotic and people hat to wait in the line for a long time - just contrary to the 'Lavish Buffet' mentioned in the flyer.Due to this reason, some of us got no food to eat. When we told the big fat Uncleji from Swagat that we got nothing to eat. his simple answer was 'if you wanted food, you should have come earlier'.The Paneer/Rahmkaese was actually rotten and possibly the non-Indians didnt notice it.However, people who know what rotten paneer means, know the terrible food poisoning it can cause. On this I confirmed with my friends and they verified that it was rotten.One person with us who just mentioned it to the organizer was 'taken to a corner' and told that 'he would be beaten up if he doesnt keep his mouth shut'. The orgnaizer later on came to our table and gave him a 'last warning' and that he would 'throw us all out in two minutes if we didnt keep our mouths shut'. He said that the paneer was fresh.I asked him whether he would behave the same way with a German and he said that the Germans are not so rude, in other words for me - they possibly didnt notice the rotten paneer. I am also sure that the Germans are pretty direct in such situations. One of his colleagues offered us our money back and we just decided that we would go back as our Diwali evening was anyway spoilt.However, Uncleji later on refused to give us our money by saying 'have you come to my marriage that I give you your money back'. As we refused to go without our money, he called a big Afghan Bouncer who manhandled us and pushed us out of the place. Would they have done this with a German ?????

I am sure all people who were affected by this understand how demotivating it was for us to be treated this way and cheated on our money. All of us earn enough and we could have paid more for the whole thing if we knew this could mean better quality. Is this the treatment we would get by Swagat and Kohinoor people whom we have been patronizing. We had only politely let him know about the paneer without making a show or letting anyone know and that his own reputation was on stake if people felt sick.One of my European friends asked me if 'this behaviour by an Indian to an Indian is normal'. I have no answer for him.If it is not the Europeans being rude to us, some Indians just cover up for them by discriminating against their own brethren.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/06 6:33 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hi Akshay,

I was also planning to go there but after hearing Sidharth's story I am feeling better that I have not gone there.

I don't undertand why the starndard of indian resturants in germany is so low, when compared to the ones in US. I also went to a restuarant near karlsruhe. It was quite good but there was nothing on the eve of Diwali. Strange! I asked him but he did not had enough answer but then he offered some special cocktail to all of us. That was nice.

I hope the scene will change gradually as more and more people from india are comming here.

Regarding sidharth, was he the only indian there with his friends. I assume that there must be many indians there. In such a case, why he had to undergo all that humiliating behavior of the swagat or kohinoor staff. Many other indians must also be having the same complaint about the food.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/06 9:27 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
DIWALI FEST - A Complete Story!! Jack Kannan Oct 23, 2006 12:46 PM
Dear Friends,

I too want to share my opinion regarding Diwali Festival organized by the Kohinoor people.
Is it the DIWALI FEAST???.. I have never celebrated my diwali like this in my life. I was with
my German colleagues for the fest, It is supposed to start at 8:00pm but it started at 9:15pm.
The two Germans asked me is this way you people organise any party?? No answer from me.
The organisers simply asked sorry for the delay. Are we in India?? After the pooja and a dance
all the people were asked to get their food. But how?? no one to organise the way how the line
should be formed. The place where the food is servered is so small, It can accomodate only 50 people
at a time, but by the time the food was served there were around 150 people surronding the table. No one
was there to control people and get them in the right way to get their food. I saw the organisers figthing
themselves regarding the way how things had to be served. As a sequence of their quarrel every one left the place.

REGARDING FOOD:
------------------

Is it a lavish buffet?? It is not even a buffet.They served the food directly from the cooked utensil??
It was stupi**** of the people to keep the utensils inside a trolly and serve. Is it the palak paneer..
totally Spoiled one.. Pakora is served with hands without wearing any gloves. Plastic plates (used for Snacks)
were used to serve hot foods. How can we hold the hot food with our hands if you serve in a plastic plate??
Spoons and forks are not clean and they are given with hands.

We were standing in the Queue from 11:00pm and we got our food at 11:45pm. Can the Germans tolerate having
their dinner at 12:00??? Still most of the people after us got nothing to eat. The organisers simply said
if you want your food you should have come earlier. Is 1hr of standing in the queue is not enough to get 1 plate
of food??. The organisers said they did not expect so much people. Is it a free entry.?? you are the one who
sell the tickets, if you are not prepared to handle so many people you should have stopped selling tickets.
Thinking of earning a lot you have forced every one in trouble. If you are prepared only for 250 people, you
should have stopped selling the tickets, how stup** is to server for 500 people with the food prepared only for 250??..
Guys, Earning money should not be the only motto, every one needs respect, we are guests. What you have done is
you believed the cheap kohinoor people. They are of low standards they know only to eat and not to server.
But Hats off to Brigesh, he worked hard for arranging some thing special on diwali, but he chose the cheap kohinoor
people to join with. Big down to cheater KOHINOOR!!!.. Lets quit them.

Check this diwali celebration at frankfurt http://www.telugu-velugu.org/index.php?name=extraModule&file=tv&item=gallary
quite amazing for 6€..

Regards,
Jagadeesh

here u go: http://www.munichmela.de/index_bb.htm
connectingindians.com or cheatingindians Ssatish Kumar Oct 23, 2006 02:55 PM
CI should stand for cheatingindians.com and not connectingindians
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/06 12:35 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hi,
I totally agree with you guys it was a flop shop show.
Believe me I live 100km far from munich and I made the reservation 3 days earlier for the tickets (with family) expecting some good show and to meet people.
we are totally upset about the whole diwali dhamaka my wife said we could have celebrated diwali at home rather than some KOHInoor, Firstly they are not friendly guys and they are rude and selfish (may be they do not know what diwali is all about.
Any way I do not want to blame them much cos its our fault we gone there and the people who backed them,they are the fools who let us all indian down.

So guys happy diwali at home next time rather than KOHI-KISKA one.

matix
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18