Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Citizenship Mannheim, BW

Toggle
Citizenship Mannheim, BW
Answer
12/18/11 9:59 PM
Hi,

I know the topic is old and I have seen different threads too and now I am more confused.

I am in Germany since 04.2004
Studied during 04.2004 - 04.2007
Working since: 06.2007 - till today (12.2011)
0.5 x student + 1 x employment time = ca. 6.0 years
1.0 x student + 1 x employment time = ca. 7.5 years

I live in Mannheim, BW, have NE and have not done Integration course. Have done a year German language course (compulsory elective) from University.

Any idea if I am elegible to apply for citizenship?

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship Mannheim, BW
Answer
12/19/11 11:54 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I would suggest you to do the Orientierung course and Einürgerungstest, as they are compulsory nowadays whether you apply after 7 or 8 years. Just visit the local government office for a initial consultation with your documents and they will give you the necessary information, forms to be filled while applying and the required documents list.

good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/19/11 2:31 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@tonygill

Here is my story........Pakistani living in DE since 10.2004

Masters: 10.2004 to 09.2006 (AE §16)
PhD: 09.2006 to 11.2010 (had 3/4 position, but AE §16)
Postdoc: 11.2010 to 03.2011 (AE § 18)
Permanent Position: April 2011 onwards (66K but no NE or BE, still AE § 18)

Citizenship application in Hessen: Aug. 2011 (wrt § 10...done by my friendly Beamter :-) although i thought it should be wrt § 8)
Documents submitted:
-Einbürgerungstest (Full score)
-Masters and PhD certificates (both with Summa cum laude)
-Beamter told that I dont need ZD-B1 or Integration Kurs.
-Last three salary slips.
-Birth Certificate + German Translation
-Fees: 255 €uros
Einbürgerungszusicherung: Sep. 2011
Verlusst der Pakistanisch Staatsangehörigkeit: Dez. 2011
Einbürgerungsurkunde: Dez. 2011 (immediately after handing in the renunciation Certificate)

Thanks Detlef and all the wonderful colleagues for their help and suggestions.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of Joy, Success and Prosperity.

Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/1/12 1:50 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
In BW,Bayern and Sachsen, the student times are not counted for Citizenship. Half the time is counted while applying NE.

Or, are there new developments in BW?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/12 10:55 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi,

You are right. I called ABH last week and learnt that student time is not counted as half duration stay while applying for citizenship.

I was told to appear for Einbürgerungstest and only after clearing this test, I can apply for citizenship. The language course is only required when they doubt the language skills of applicant.

Now my next question. If I apply in April, after appearing and passing (assumption) the written test, how long could it take for citizenship. I am asking because my Indian passport is valid only till end of July this year and I would have preferably saved some euros for renewing my Indian passport. I have heard that the time required depends on ABH. Is it really so?

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/12 1:09 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
"I called ABH last week and learnt that student time is not counted as half duration stay while applying for citizenship."

So, how are you able to apply for citizenship? Student times are not counted at all. You have been working since 2007, thats just 5 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/12 2:59 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Sorry, my mistake. I would have rather written that the study time is counted as full stay not as half (as in case of NE). I have not applied for citizenship. Would do it probably next year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/12 6:13 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi,

I have a different question. I stayed on work permit for 3.5 years and went to home country for 8 months and came back on a new permit and been working for more than 4.5 years. Do they consider the previous stay of 3.5 years for citizenship?

Does anyone know when is the below rule applicable?

§ 12b (zur VAH)

(2) Hat der Ausländer sich aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grunde länger als sechs Monate im Ausland aufgehalten, kann die frühere Aufenthaltszeit im Inland bis zu fünf Jahren auf die für die Einbürgerung erforderliche Aufenthaltsdauer angerechnet werden.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/12 2:01 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@luckycusp
@tony

in my case Student time did get counted.
i didnt bother asking them about it and just applied after 8 years and few months...
and could get my passport in 12 weeks.
I have posted about it last week here
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/integration/einbuergerung_-_success_story__1
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/12 1:02 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi bmilan,

may i ask you which documents did you submitted?

thnx
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18