Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Practical Exam - Driving

Toggle
Practical Exam - Driving
Answer
5/19/06 2:35 PM
Hi All,

I just had been for my practical exam. I made some minor mistakes and the examiner got me
failed.

Now I need to go for the second one. It would be grateful if you can provide me with tips and feedback from memebers who got their license recently is most welcome.

Also is there any mandatory time period or classes to attend, before I take my next exam.

Seeking your help in thsi regard.

Aerofreak.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Practical Exam - Driving
Answer
5/19/06 5:05 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Same thing happened to me.. Most of the foreigners that I know of managed to get their driving licence at second/third try of the practical exam. Germany is really strict regarding the driving licence issue. (And it is a business area where some people really make money. I dont know anyone who spent less than 1000 Euros for driving licence.. )
Event the Germans try to get their driving licence in Poland or in other neighbouring countries. I even heard people who flew to canada just for getting a canadian driving licence(which can be converted to a german one) and flying to canada staying there couple of weeks and attending a driving licence exam was cheaper than the whole German process. Can you imagine how painful and difficult the german process is ?

Regarding you question.. I guess you need at least two weeks of break before you attend a new practical exam.. but you are not obliged to attend any other classes but it would be a wise thing to go over your mistakes with your driving teacher before you take the next exam..

Good luck

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/06 6:37 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hi Aerofreak

Lacrima is right. You are not the first one to fail the test. You can search in the forum if you are curious.

The License problem is quite a generalized problem and I think is not a matter of "strictness", is a simple business problem. All this circuit is a big bussiness!

I would like to correct Lacrima. You have legally only ONE week "Frist" or waiting time. You can do the test next week if you want, but sometimes you need to find also the Termin with the guy from your driver school and this maybe take some time.

Usually, if the "Prüfer" considers that you were soooo bad, he writes a recommendation into your expedient for you to make a couple more of driving hours (more €€€ for everybody!) but usually you only receive a kind of "sugestion" from your teacher to drive again the same test way for you to recognize where you were bad and I recommend you to do that.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/06 12:39 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hi Aerofreak,

Failure leads to success, it is very unlikely that one passes the practical exam in first attempt. I did in second. Follow these rules..

- Your teacher is always right (no exceptions.)
- Taking a turn, schauen-blinken-vorfahrt-beachten-abbiegen.
- When changing lane.. do the same above..
- At Stop sign (Do stop here, I failed because of that)
- Drive <= speed limit, do not follow what are the others are doing.
- Autobahn : do not drive more than 130 if no limit is there and same applies for the Bundesstrasse <= 100.

be proud that you are the only sensible driver on the road. It is big pain when someone fails, it may hurt your budget by 200-500 Euros. Depends upon your skils + learning. But it is not tough.

- While taking taking exam, feel relax, I hope you would do it.

I wish you all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/06 7:44 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hi Lacrima, Yo1 and bs3511,

Many thanks for your advice and words. I am quite a good driver and I have been driving for 4-5 yrs in India.

This must explain how frustrated I must have felt. I can challenege that even experienced drivers in Germany will meet with an accident if he drives in India within first 5 kms. God knows why they take this as a serious thing.

My cousin in US made his license for 17 dollars and he was laughing his a$$ out when I told him I have spent a fortune already.

Next time I will make it.

Aerofreak.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/23/06 7:21 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
I can very well understnad you frustration.....

"I can challenege that even experienced drivers in Germany will meet with an accident if he drives in India within first 5 kms."

The above statement holds true because....

Nobody follows the rules in India

You have driven there for 5 years, you can't get the livence here because.....

1.)Germans don't want to make any accident within first 5kms in Germany too.
2.)Germans aren't very good drivers to adjust with your mistakes and still drive safely.

Because of these measures, the deaths in road accidents are reducing every year since 1980 though the number of vehicles increase on the roads.

Surely, next time you will make it through..... All the best.

And you can tell your US cousin that you can get part of your tax back for supporting the needed in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/23/06 10:26 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
@xyxyxy

"Nobody follows the rules in India"

how do you know that?

1.)Germans don't want to make any accident within first 5kms in Germany too.

but some they do and i know them personally.

2.)Germans aren't very good drivers to adjust with your mistakes and still drive safely.

you think everyone want to die in an accident? either in india/turkey or even in germany. it seems like you talk germans donot want to die and every other guys want to die by driving, somehow find it quite funny.

"Because of these measures, the deaths in road accidents are reducing every year since 1980 though the number of vehicles increase on the roads."

i think you've east-germany emoticon statistiks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/09 1:56 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hi T7 Community,

Hope every one is doing fine, wanted to share to some Good news with you all.

"Jippeh! i have got DRIVING license".

Take care
Mushtaq
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/09 2:43 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Congrats Mushtaq, I can imagine how happy one could be !!

Lot of us in this forum are dreaming of Führerschein in Germany.

So I would appreciate if you share your success story with us & some guidelines would help us a lot.

Thanks,
Truster
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 1:30 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hello aerofreak & XYZ,

It's not true that you need more than 1 attempt to pass the exam if you are a foreigner. I know many (including me) who have passed driving exam in first attempt.
However, the whole process to get a license is too expensive in Germany. You just need to be careful during exam.
Tips:
1. you should make your examiner be sure that you look into rear mirror every after approx. 10-15 sec in the city n 30sec-1min at autobahn. (In India, many people do to check what is happening on back seat rather than of road.)
2. Take care of pedestrians and cyclists in every situation (In India, the road hierarchy follows (practically not theoretically) Truck > Cars > Cyclist > Pedestrians. In Germany, its vice versa).
3. Never try to show your examiner how fast you can drive which leads to failure (In India, faster you drive: you save yourself from corrupt policemen who needs bribe for no reasons, you show your girlfriend how macho you are, fully inspired from Dhoom movie stunt).
4. Learn parallel and perpendicular parking as good as you can because it is one of the most vulnerable cause to get failed especially in big city I don't know where you are making your license.
5. Always stop at STOP sign even if there is no one in miles.
6. Change your lane fast with sense (look, dipper, etc.) very important in big cities.
7. Always take care during Autobahn exit. Indicate ~ before 300 m, reduce speed while taking into consideration the car behind you, never overtake in acceleration or deceleration lane.
you must have told about mistake you made during exam, try to avoid it next time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/24/09 7:45 PM as a reply to Aero Freak.
Hallo Dear,

Same happened to me even I drove good for 40 minutes and last 5 minutes he told you need more to learn
2nd time also I failed just in 15 minutes he told drive back.
3 rd time I pass in only 25 minutes.

I sugest you talk with your driving teacher. They have good connection with examiner. And tell you can not able to afford as its expensive.

At exam show u r very defensive driver and even you do failure and if you knew that you have done failure then say sorry and show that you know this rule.

Drive slowly and wait as ample as long as possible as you have to drive for 45 minutes.

If you need any special question rules then ask me.

All the best for next exam!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18