Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerungsantrag doubt

Toggle
Einbürgerungsantrag doubt
Answer
8/9/09 9:44 PM
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for German Citizenship and was having a look at the application. I found one entry a little ambiguous in my case to be answered. There is a section where one is expected to mention all the cases, fines and punishments in Germany and other parts of the world. Though, to me it is not very clear if speeding tickets are considered as "Ordnungswidrigkeiten" and/or "Strafen". I hope a speeding ticket is not considered as a serious crime! Any help is very much apprecaited.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerungsantrag doubt
Answer
8/10/09 1:20 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

Once on my way back from one of my religious trips to Amsterdam I was stopped by Zoll and they confiscated my precious hand-rolled-king-size-cigarette from my pocket. I was let go but only afer a quick dose of moralizing discourse from the Zoll-Officer.

I guess it did not have any negative influence on my Citizenship application, on the contrary it was granted only after 8 weeks of submitting my application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/09 2:48 PM as a reply to kan do.
If such tickets are infrequent, they will ignore.

If they are frequent and if they interpret that you are a threat to public safety. It MIGHT have consequences.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 2:38 AM as a reply to kan do.
Thanks a lot guys.

@ Akshay

Which state did you apply in? That was pretty fast! I hope to hear from the authorities fast as well, keeping my fingers crossed.

How long did Indian Consulate take to send you a confirmation of canceling your citizenship?

@Stutt23

Of course, in 2 years of driving, I have got only one ticket.

I guess I will leave it without mentioning. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 10:51 AM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

Which state did you apply in?

NRW

How long did Indian Consulate take to send you a confirmation of canceling your citizenship?

You don't have to do anything, the moment you are handed over Einbürgerungsurkunde, your indian citizenship is cancelled automatically. You just have to submit your indian passport to the same person. They would later send it to the embassy.

Here is what an Einbürgerungsurkunde looks like:
http://www.schleswig-holstein.de/SharedDocs/Bilder/Cover/IM/ZuwanderungIntegration/einbuergerung__urkunde,property=poster.jpg
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 12:44 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

On any govt. application, you have to sign a declaration that you have not provided wrong information or supressed information.

If you do not disclose and if they find out, your application can get delayed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 8:41 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Akshay

I will keep my fingers crossed, let's hope the process hasn't slowed down drastically since you applied and people are being given Citizenship Certificates in about 8 weeks in NRW.

@Stutt23

I was thinking of that angle after my reply and also wanted to ask the case worker before submitting the application if it was "Ordnungswidrigkeiten" or "Strafen" or both! and complete that part of the page accordingly.

Thanks a lot, both of you, for the information. I'll keep the forum informed as and when there is some progress.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott