Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Plz I need ur advice

Toggle
Plz I need ur advice
Answer
4/3/07 7:15 PM
Hi all,
In September 2006,I have graduated as MSc. from a German's University and was working as a Junior Software Developer in a company in Hamburg until last December when I quit my job to join my wife here in UK in January 2007.I have currently a 5 years resident permit to work and live in UK.Since February 2007, I have been searching a job in UK for a Junior Position.Until today, I have done 2 face-to-face interviews in London and one phone interview for which I was not successful.However, I do get a minimum of 2 calls per day from recruitment agencies.
1) Are recruitment agencies good for searching for jobs in UK?
2) As it is now 2 months I have been searching for jobs, will the gap affects my chance of getting jobs in UK?
3) What are the best tips to enter the job' s market in UK?

Thank in advance for your replies.
Jordan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Plz I need ur advice
Answer
4/3/07 7:25 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
maybe you are asking in the wrong forum.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/07 7:28 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
May be u r right.
Anyone knows if there is a UK based forum like trust7.com ?
I have been using trust7.com since I was in Germany.
Jordan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/07 8:13 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
The best tip would have been to do MSc from UK instead Germany. I dont think this small gap should be a problem, as you have geniun reason(Family) to move from here to UK. I hear that its not easy to find job in UK, especially when you have a little work experience. Why dont u use Google for forums and job sites?

Irrespective of country, recruiters have generally no sympathy for a candidate, if they see they can earn some money placing you somewhere they would be more keen to do it. Dont trust too much on them and try to present your CV and yourself in the most positive manner according to the relevant position.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott