Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Diversity Visa Lottery 2008 starts in Oktober

Toggle
The registration period for the DV-2008 (Diversity Visa 2008) will be between October 4 and December 3, 2006

The complete info is available at this address:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

Instructions in PDF:
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2008_Final.pdf

I won the DV-2005, so if you have questions about the program I will make my best effort to answer them
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Diversity Visa Lottery 2008 starts in Oktober
Answer
9/21/06 12:10 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
Yes but as it is a lottery, one has 0.00001 chance of winning it. Better stick here for some more time for a German citizenship perhaps and then search for something else.

And I don't know but I've always found having a NE-DEG or a German citizenship is better than the US DV or US Citizenship because with a German one, I'm open to work in the whole EU, no matter which country I choose, which is not the case with the US one where I can work all over the US (and maybe in Canada, this I dunno) but not in Europ so there goes the choice: possibility of working in 15+ countries or possibility to work in 1 country...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/06 12:26 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
and in case if you happen to get a job offer from US afterwards.. you will be treated much better with a german passport for a possible work/residence permit there..(because they know that you are not desperate to live in their country.. ) you dont even need a visa with a german passport to go to a job interview there, if they invite you.. these are small details but really make the difference..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/06 12:50 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
I agree, the flexibilty of NE is unbeatable. For example I got Daueraufenthalt-EG and am now working in netherlands, having worked in brussels as well.

I dislike european mentality though, and I think this is the reason I would probably choose USA eventually. In USA you can be what you want, when you want, whenever you want. It is called freedom.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/06 3:21 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
Well,
NE-EG is cool but there are certain things which makes US unbeatable and shows how business oriented the nation is.
I never had applied before for a US VISA and the first time I did it a month back.
They issued a multiple entry 10 years Business Visa. So no problems till 2016.
So i guess it does not matter where you are, if your business and idea is concrete, then nowadays you are a globetrotter. NE or no NE.
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/06 5:46 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
And why even bother with the diversity visa, where the chances of succes are gleich null?

The H1-B visa could be a better route to permanent US residency. There lots of firms looking to sponsor H1-B. I received several emails from firms offering to sponsor including the trust7 partner in usa.

Some companies go further by filing for green card as soon as you get to the usa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/06 2:39 AM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
GnR wrote:
They issued a multiple entry 10 years Business Visa. So no problems till 2016.

No, virtually it is 10 years. But once you entered the US, you have to leave USA within 6 months. Virtually 10 years, but practically only max. 6 months.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/06 8:36 AM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
Every experience is diferent so I don't want to discuss about which place is better for living or work.
Of course there are a lot of diferences between living in USA or in Deutschland and if you ever read my msgs posted during 2003-2005 you already know that I have tried to get the german green card with no luck; but then I won the american one after appliyng for the DV lottery 3 years in a row.
The DV lottery cost you nothing if you apply from the official site and the probabilities are not too low; there are 50.000 permanent visas for around 7 million people that apply every year. That's one possibility in 140 and if you are married you have even more chances because both can apply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/06 2:01 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
Not 1 on 140 but 0,007 chances to get one.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/06 3:46 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
To Klenze,
I know its confined to only 6 months stay and that too dependent on immigration at US port of entry. My point was only on the VISA tenure. No other country issues a 10 yrs.
That sure deserves some appreciation.
I have seen my friends in India travel to Europe with passports thick as Books, since Europe issues max 3 months business visas.
My idea was only to present the Business Orientation of the States which is and will be unbeatable.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott