Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa. Birth certificate not available.

Toggle
Hi, I am an Indian by nationality and my fiance is a German citizen. I will have to apply for family reunion visa after marriage, but I found out that birth certificate is mandatory for the visa application. I went to the local municipal office for the same. They told me that they don't register the birth after 15 years, but they can provide me with the non-availability certificate. Does the German embassy in Mumbai accept the non-availability certificate?
I have another query. I have 2 Masters degrees- one from a central university in India, and other from USA. Do I have to take A1 certification for the visa application process?
I would really appreciate a timely reply reply. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Family reunion visa. Birth certificate not available.
Answer
4/23/12 2:05 PM as a reply to saumya vaikhari.
Hi,

At least in Delhi they accept non-availability certificate on which your birth-place and date are mentioned.

Usually you are not required to do A1 Certification but recently have heard (seacrh trust7 forum) that there is not hard and fast rules. Some people instead of their master degree have not got excemption. Whatsoever the reason is, at least just do regustration for a German course and I would suggest you to call embassy directly.

Ciao
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Family reunion visa. Birth certificate not available.
Answer
4/25/12 1:10 AM as a reply to saumya vaikhari.
Thanks for your reply Tony. I called up German embassy in Delhi and Bombay. They themselves have no idea about the birth certificate. The Delhi people said that they need the birth certificate for the people who were born after 1969, and since I was born after 1969 I need a birth certificate. People in Bombay told me that they accept Non-availability certificate. I cannot late register my birth since I have no proof of my reseidence of the place I was born, I was born at home, and my family lived there only for a year. I think, I'll just try my luck with the non-availibility certificate, if I can get one without a residence proof.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Re: Family reunion visa. Birth certificate not available.
Answer
5/23/13 5:11 PM as a reply to saumya vaikhari.
Hello,

Can you please guide me what was the result in your case, as i am in the same situation. Do they not accept the 10th class certificate
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/14 2:59 PM as a reply to Bhavjot.
Hey bsd,
    Any updates on what's happened with you? I am kind of in a similar situation.
So it would be really appreciated if you could brief me on your process and result for a SPOUSE VISA without Birth Certificate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/18 11:50 AM as a reply to saumya vaikhari.
Hi,
Even I am facing the same situation now, cant get a birth certificate, need to provide the non-avalability certificate, can you please update me what happened in your scenario?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott