Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Extension of visitor's visa

Toggle
Extension of visitor's visa
Answer
8/7/12 9:51 PM
Hello All,

I searched extensively through the forum listings and could not come across any recent posts on this topic.

I get it that the decision is based on the ABH. Regardless, has anyone gotten a positive result with extension requests of a visitor visa? I need to apply on behalf of my in-law and would like to know if there have been any positive experiences in such cases?

I did read that health-related requests are given better consideration than most. 

Any advise/tips on documents required for such a case and any experiences will be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Extension of visitor's visa
Answer
8/8/12 10:28 AM as a reply to TS TS.
One of my friend tried to extend his mother's visa but ABH refused to do so, His wife give birth to a babay and his mother was here to take care of the kid and the wife and they wanted his mother to stay for another month.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/12 9:46 AM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Hi Enfield,

I do not want to discrourage you but when I went to collect Verphlichtungserklärung for my parents, I was told explicit by ABH that I should enter the longest period possible in the invite because the visa can not be extended once they arrive in Germany.

@Sargana + and others
good that you touched this topic. Just an advice: Avoid mentioning in your invite (many ABH ask for unofficial invite in the form of a letter) that your parents/in-law will come to "help you / take care of you" and your wife who will give birth to child on so and so date.. Not only in Germany but also in other countries (at least in Australia, I know) ABH or embassy comes out with a counter argument that for this purpose their country offer hospital service, doctor service, mid wife, Elternzeit holiday, mertarnity leave etc. Keep it simple and it will work.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/12 11:55 AM as a reply to TS TS.
Hi,

it was possible for me to extend my mother-in-law visiting visa by a month. the only condition from ABH was i need to provide a confirm ticket.

Cheers,
Sundeep
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/9/12 12:38 PM as a reply to sundeep telkar.
That's a news ..emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/12 1:41 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi, sorry for deviating from the main theme of this thread.
However my question is also related to visitor visa. Kindly help.

is there a guideline about how often one can invite a person in visitor visa?
for eg.. I would like to invite a person in visitor visa with formal obligation letter from sept'12 for 2 months.
then can I once again invite the same person in February'13 for 3 months?
The authorities who issues Verpflichtungserklärung didnot comment on this..they told me that it is at the discretion of the consulate where one apply for visitor visa. has anybody done like this..i.e., inviting the same person within few months of last trip?
Thankyou
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/12 1:41 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks to everyone's responses.

I was able to get an extension and this was based on a doctor's letter that my MIL's presence would help us.

I'd say if in cases similar to Saragana and if the spouse is unwell, then the doctor's letter should be taken. The ABH view that seriously. Since the doctor had not specified the extension period, the clerk at the ABH mentioned that I can get it extended longer than the 1 month I had asked for, if it does help the family.

Basically, you will need a doctor's advise about 3-4 weeks prior to the expiry of the visa and with that, your extension attempt would be solid. An extension based on verbal explanations might be quite complicated.

After the ABH verbal approval, you will have to produce copies of the extended medical insurance and flight confirmation to get an extended single-entry "D" visa stamping, valid only for Germany. The clerk also mentioned that the Germany-only restriction on the "D" visa has recently been taken off, but doubted if the folks performing the random checks on the borderlines were aware. But, that's aside from the main issue of this thread and I suggest you look for official references/documentation from the Amt, if you need to travel outside of Germany on a "D" visa.
Anyhow, I hope this experience helps you.
Have a good weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18