Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

help needed regarding permanent residence

Hi everyone,

I just need a small suggestion from experts. I am residing in germany from the last 5years 3 months. I have paid taxes for al these years and I still have contract untill end of 2014 . I have also a residence permit untill the end of 2014. I would like to apply for permanent residence. I have few questions

1) Am I eligible for applying to PR ?

2) My wife is also residing along with me from the last 5 years. My son was also born here and he is 2 years old. Are they eligible for applying to PR along with me. My wife also paid taxes from the last 3.5 years. 

3) Are there different categories of PR ? I heard that one is eleigible for only working in germany and one is for for whole EU. Am I right ?

4) What about blue card ? Is it a good option form for me as I have a residence permit untill the end of 2014 ?

I request you please suggest me and reply to my questions. Thanks in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

RE: help needed regarding permanent residence
Antwort
13.07.12 20:33 als Antwort auf nanee.
nanee_abhi:
Hi everyone,

*** Hi, I try to answer and I hope that someone else will confirm, because I am not 100% sure regarding your family... ***

I just need a small suggestion from experts. I am residing in germany from the last 5years 3 months. I have paid taxes for al these years and I still have contract untill end of 2014 . I have also a residence permit untill the end of 2014. I would like to apply for permanent residence. I have few questions

1) Am I eligible for applying to PR ?  

*** Yes, you are eligible 100% ***

2) My wife is also residing along with me from the last 5 years. My son was also born here and he is 2 years old. Are they eligible for applying to PR along with me. My wife also paid taxes from the last 3.5 years. 

*** I guess she will also get PR, only 75% sure ***

3) Are there different categories of PR ? I heard that one is eleigible for only working in germany and one is for for whole EU. Am I right ?

*** Yes, this is true. When you apply for PR you have to tell the officers that you will apply for PR - EU, that's it. 75% sure ***

4) What about blue card ? Is it a good option form for me as I have a residence permit untill the end of 2014 ?

*** Blue Crad is not important for you. Your status is already perfect 100% sure ***

I request you please suggest me and reply to my questions. Thanks in advance

** Good luck **
Detlef emoticon
+2 (2 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.07.12 16:08 als Antwort auf trust7.
Thanks a lot Detlef. I have got the application form for Niederlassungserlaubnis from Auslanderbehorde. I guess this is enough for applying to Permanent Residence Europe:
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.07.12 08:39 als Antwort auf nanee.
If you want to apply for EU Resident permint then you should apply Daueraufenthalf-EG. It has advantages over Niederlassungserlaubnis
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.08.12 14:22 als Antwort auf Ans Sargana.
Thanks a lot sargana. Today I and my wife have applied for the EU- permanent residence permit. They have taken our application form, fee and documents. 

I have a question here. Do I have to wait for their decision again or accepting the documents by my case worker is the final decision ? By the way my son who is born here in germany will not ba able to apply for PR. I still did not understand the logic. He is eligible to apply after 18 years it seems ?

Experts please reply to my message. Once again thanks to detlef and sargana for their valuable advice. In future if I have any experiences I will definitely
share in this forum. 
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18