Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Contract premature termination while on Blue Card

Toggle
Hi All,

What if a person came to Germany on a Blue Card, but his contract has been prematurely terminated?
Will the Blue Card be terminated immediately or there will be some grace period to find another employer?

Kind regards, Voldemar
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Contract premature termination while on Blue Card
Answer
7/5/12 8:05 AM as a reply to Voldemar.
Hi,

the answer is written on our 'Blue Card' page:

The Blue Card EU is limited to a maximum period of four years. If the employment relationship lasts less than four years, the Blue Card is granted for the duration of the employment contract plus another additional three months.

Detlef

+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/20/12 12:53 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi,

I am in the same situation.
I wonder if I am eligible for insurance terms? I mean some money help from the social or unemployment insurance...
Just if it matters, I am working here only 3 months and the contract termination is due to companies glabal plans and is not related to my skills.

Thanks,
Haramen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/21/12 11:11 AM as a reply to Arm Har.
1. You need 12 months of unemployment insurance contributions in the past 24 months (if you have worked in the EU/EEA/CH during this time you might be able to have those contributions included as well) in order to be eligible for ALG I (unemployment insurance).
2. You are required to inform the ABH that your contract has been terminated. Generally they will allow you stay for another 3 months to look for a job.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/21/12 1:29 PM as a reply to Arianne.
Hi Arianne,

Hi

This is Gopi,  I am from India and currently working in Berlin.

I have been working in Poland from 1st May 2012 till 30th September 2012 and started working for the same company in Berlin from 1st Ocotber.

I have not paid any tax in Poland, but I have paid Social security in Poland.

Could you kindly let me know,

1)      Can I transfer my social security from Poland to Germany
2)      If Yes, whom should I contact on this.

Attached you can find my Pension Insurance document
Thanks
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/12 1:02 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
First you should find out whether you need to file a tax return in Poland.

You can't transfer your contributions from Poland, however, you should keep the documents that you received in a safe place. If you become unemployed in the next 2 years, you might be able to use the contributions in Poland to meet the eligibility requirements in Germany and you might need them if you apply for a German pension in the future.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott