Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Job Oppurtunity and Job Security in Germany

Toggle
Hi All,

This is a questions to the experts(The people who are living in Germany for a long time)

As we know the Bluecard is going to be from 1st of August, and lot of young professionals from India would be eagerly waiting to apply for the same, can you people let us know

1) How is the job secuity in Germany companies - Please keep in mind the Euro Crisis
2) How is the oppurtunity for the IT professionals in Germany.

For sure your inputs will help a lot of young professionals to think a lot about the working in Germany.

Thanks for your time, I would also like to introduce me, this is Gopi from India currently working in Berlin.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Job Oppurtunity and Job Security in Germany
Answer
6/21/12 4:36 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
"1) How is the job secuity in Germany companies - Please keep in mind the Euro Crisis", nobody can say at the moment. You would have asked me that question 3 months ago, I would have said that it's good. But actually, the wave of laying off is great because not knowing what is coming, companies tend to spare money and this means laying off people.

"2) How is the oppurtunity for the IT professionals in Germany", same answer as above but it's still good IMO. And if people want to come, I would advise them to get some German knowledge before applying to a job here as very few companies still take people with no knowledge of German. If coming to Germany is for them an investment for a better future, then they should first invest in learning the language.

D.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
6/22/12 11:12 AM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi!
I would like to say about German language- From 1th of August Blue card possibility will open almost for all  EU countries, not only for Germany. It doesn't mean that people should know all this languages -it is impossible..... And here http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/work/ratgeber-arbeiten-in-deutschland/language-skills/ have written that all Germans learned English at school.

Nika.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/12 8:19 AM as a reply to nika25 nika25.
Hi,

„All Germans learned English at school“
That’s true (although I will replace all with “most”..”all” might be true for present generation), but German is preferred when it comes to specification profiles, technical documents, meetings, realization papers and even technical magazines or white papers. Many of them (at least with  Uni-degrees) do understand English but for long-term it is recommended that you have some German skill before applying. You will have an advantage and stand apart from many with same skills as of yours. Although as “nobody” mentioned, some companies do hire people without German language skills, you can go ahead and give it a try for sure.

“..almost for  EU countries, not only for Germany. It doesn't mean that people should know all this languages -it is impossible....”

For Germany it does not matter where else you are applying, just the way it’s not USA authorities business to know if you have also applied in German Universities for studying (just an example). For them you need to clear ILETS or TOFEL

Ciao
Tony
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3