Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Information about Family reunion visa (Spouse Visa)

Toggle
Hi All, 

I need some clarification regarding the spouse visa process and requirements. 

I am from India... I completed my MS in Munich, Germany in April 2012... I got a job here in Munich itself... And am working here full time from June 1st 2012... 

I am planning to get married in August and want to apply for spouse visa... Hence I need some clarifications. 

Can any of you let me know if following documents are enough: 

1) Work permit and work contract 
2) My Residance permit ends on April 2014 (Since my passport expires in April 2014) 
3) I have a house of 41mts (1 room apartment) (Is there any rule saying the house should have 2 rooms?)
4) Masters degree from germany... hence I have stayed in Germany for 2 years... (Is studies also considered in the 2 years rule? http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#30 )
5) My wife will have A1 course certificate by August
6) She also has a masters degree from India

Kindly let me know if I need more documents... 

Thanks, 
Irfan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Information about Family reunion visa (Spouse Visa)
Answer
7/1/12 8:58 AM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
The documents required to be submitted vary based on the location from where you apply for visa.

For example if you are applying from chennai, these are the mandatory documents specified in the chennai website
http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3241714/Daten/1588152/fz_spouse.pdf

· valid Passport (issued within the last 10 years) with at least 12 months validity
· 3 Passport Pictures according to biometric specifications, 1 attached to each application form, 1 lose
(For further details regarding biometric specifications of photos please refer to the German Consulate
General’s homepage at www.chennai.diplo.de)
· Demand Draft for Visa Fee
In addition you are requested to provide two sets of application documents containing the following
documents:
· Application Form (Please ensure that you signed both forms and indicated your complete future
address incl. pin code in question 15. Besides, please add your complete Indian address incl. pin code
and Tel./Fax/e-mail under your signature.)
· Declaration on True and Complete Information, signed and dated
· your Cover Letter explaining the reason for your visa application (Original)
· informal Invitation Letter from your spouse residing in the Federal Republic of Germany (Original)
· Proof of Reason for your Spouse’s Stay in Germany (e.g. company letter, work contract)
· Proof of German Knowledge (if applicable; please refer to our special information sheet, A4 sized
copy)
· your Marriage Certificate (registered document only, religious certificates will not be accepted, A4
sized copy)
· A4 sized copy of your passport
· A4 sized copy of your spouse’s passport
If your spouse is already living in Germany:
· A4 sized copy of German Residence Permit
· A4 sized copy of Rental Contract for apartment/house
· A4 sized copy of recent Salary Slip of your spouse

I hope this helps.... Please visit http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/Startseite.html.

All the best!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/12 9:19 AM as a reply to Edith Gabby.
Hi Gabby, 

Thanks for the reply. I have read all this information earlier. Thanks... 

But my main question was, I have a house of 41mt square... but the house has only one room... Will they ask for a 2 room apartment ?

regards,
Irfan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/12 2:39 PM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
Sorry, I am not sure about that. But I hope this thread helps,

http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/103061#_19_message_103061

Some say its 12sq.m / person. My husband rents a 2 room apartment of 62 sq.m approx.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/2/12 11:07 AM as a reply to Edith Gabby.
Hi Gabby, 

Thanks... that was really helpful... 
I'll ask my house owner to give me a letter emoticon Hope it will work... 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/12 12:42 PM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
hi
it was 12 sq.m per person when I applied in Munich two years before. They didnot ask about the number of rooms.

The ABH  gave me a form that had to be filled up by my house owner. (It basically states that the house owner was aware that the applicant is married and will live with his wife in the rented house for which house owner has no objection...)

you will not have any problem with your 42sq.meter.house.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/12 1:26 PM as a reply to Varadharajan Rengaraju.
Hi Rvkvaradhu, 

Thanks... emoticon 

When does the ABH give a form ? (Is it when they call me to check my work contract and house agreement... or should I do it before applying for visa) 

Btw, I have made my owner write on the house contract that she is renting the house to Me and my wife. Will that help ? 

Regards,
Irfan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/12 11:32 AM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
//When does the ABH give a form ? (Is it when they call me to check my work contract and house agreement... or should I do it before applying for visa) //
Yes. After your wife's visa application has been submitted in India,it will be forwared to the city ABH where you live.
Then they will contact you and ask for relevant documents.

//Btw, I have made my owner write on the house contract that she is renting the house to Me and my wife. Will that help ? //
 However your wife is not here officially, right?So it doesnot matter whether your wifes name is there in the contract or not.
As long as your  landlord is good enough to fill up such form from ABH,it would be fine. I don't see that you will have any problem in housing part of spouse visa. chill!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott