Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: NE over now ..next German Citizenship

NE over now ..next German Citizenship
Answer
10/19/05 1:36 PM
Here we have a whole lot of NE's and few might be considering a German citizenship after 2 years (5+2).Do VPMK lawyers will be helpful here also ..i also wanted to know if with a citizenship i would be free to work anywhere in the schengen countries or need a work permit then also.!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 2:27 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
5+2 is in case you made the integration courses, if not, it will be a 5+3.

VPMK will also help in this case, as they are also working in that area (all that is included in immigration topic: http://www.vpmk.de/schwerpunkte/vpmk_immigration_zuwanderungsrecht.html)

And yes, with an EU citizenship, you can work freely in any Schengen country and you won't need a WP for that, reason why I sometimes say that an EU citizenship is better than a US citizenship on that point.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 2:53 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Hi Folks,

I can see that the issue to EU citizenship/US citizenship will once in a while be in the menu.
Having an EU Citizenship is good and being fluent(Good) in the different languages pending on your country of choice is excellent.

For US citizenship in this context; getting accustom to catalog of accents is sufficient if you possess English skill sufficient to effectively express yourself. ;-)!

---People usually have their standard of life and expectations with respect to where they live.These differences is partly among the reasons opinions diverge in this context----
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 4:58 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@Nobody
It sounds good that i dnt need to go into the WP process ...plan to shift off to Uk in a few years and hency by that time will be done with the +2/+3 criteria ..since i am a NE now.
The whole HSMP ->UK thing is a bit time taking.
Do u think i need the integration course when i have already my "Zertifikat for Deutsch".
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 5:18 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@stier

About the HSMP, it's not only time consuming, but also money consuming.

And about the integration courses, it's not only about language, it's also about some politics and history thing emoticon so I think you need it but can get it shortened, but as *I thnk*, you better ask them there.

In my case, I will wait for the +3 and go for it, Europ has still a lot to give, so I will take it the right way.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:04 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
You guys have to calculate also some time (6-12 months) for the dismissal from your current citizenship.. it is a must for getting the german one..(there are a few expcetional cases) and some countries really take their time till they give you the certificate of dismissal from their citizenship..

so the steps for getting the german citizenship looks like this:

-> Live 7 or 8 Years in Germany (Preferably on a working visa.. some states also accept student residence times )
-> Apply for the german citizenship(preferably one month before the 7 or 8 years is finished)
-> Go through the eligibility check and processing which takes some monts. (getting no state support, financially ok etc..)
-> Get the temporary certificate of german citizenship(not the citizenship itself)
-> Go to your country's embassy and apply for the dismissal from your current citizenship by showing the german citizenship certificate. (so that you wont be stateless when they dismiss you from your citizenship)
-> Wait another 6 months/1 year depending on the country of your origin. (Some even create problems, if you have some citizenship duties uncompleted in your home country.. like military service etc.)
-> Get the proof of the dismissal from your home country's citizenship.
-> Go to German authorities again with your dismissal proof and german citizenship certificate.
-> Go through the eligibility check and processing again which takes some months. Because they want to check again whether your financial conditions are still ok.
-> and finally hold the citizenship firmly in your hands.
-> Pray God that "La Fontane" and "linke Partei" does not get elected in the next elections, because he has the genuine idea of cancelling the german citizenship of the people who dont pay taxes in Germany.

In total, getting the german citizenship may vary from 7,5 years to 10 years including the processing time of the whole application and depending heavily on your home country.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:12 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
"Pray God that "La Fontane" and "linke Partei" does not get elected in the next elections, because he has the genuine idea of cancelling the german citizenship of the people who dont pay taxes in Germany.", I think this doesn't apply to German-born people, because I know some who don't pay taxes :-)

And in case he does, what will be the citizenship of those who have been cancelled theirs? Would really like to see that.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:16 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Hi friends,

I was just wondering what the inspiration to get German Citizenship would be. Are you craving for the voting rights? Do you really want to take a visa whenever you want to visit your own homeland?

Well, as you might know me, I am not against Germany, or German system, I am thankful to this country.

But isnt NE more than sufficient? Dont you get all the rights you would have with a German passport?

Just throw some light....

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:20 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
"Do you really want to take a visa whenever you want to visit your own homeland?", in mine, as soon as you change citizenship, you got a kinda everlasting NE for being a former citizen of the country, so no fear at that point ;-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:23 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
But you will agree with me that even with a NE, you don't have sufficient freedom to do what you could have wanted (go and work in another EU country for example or go build a business somewhere else and stay there as long as necessary - as I would like to do soon - as you will loose your NE after 6 months so NE is really not the Panacea).

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:28 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@fred
In my case, my home country offers me a special status when I get a citizenship dismissal.
With this status(It is like a permanent residence card which doesnt expire), I can do almost everything as the other fellow citizens of my home country. (Buying property, inheriting property but the right of voting does not exist with that status which is not that bad, as I wont be living in my home country. People who live there should decide who should build the government.) I dont know, how the situation is in this regard in your home country.

Other than that, by getting the german citizenship you have the chance to work in all EU without workpermit and travelling to many other countries without visa.(which you can not achieve with NE) That is, I guess, more than getting a "voting right" in a country where you plan to settle down. If I am contributing to the wellfare of the country in which I am living, I surely have the right to get also smt out of it. (like citizenship) so.. why not ?

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:32 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
ahh.. getting back your original citizenship is a piece of cake, in case you regret your decision in the future. (at least in my case..) so again.. why not ? emoticon

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:34 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@Nobody:
For Indians like me, the issue of visa persists, unless Germany and India sign a dual-citizenship agreement (which will never happen!)

@lacrima:
Reg. voting, I was talking about your voting rights in GER as soon as you become a citizen.

One thing is sure. It all depends on where you want to settle down, and from which continent you come. So there is no unique answer to this, right?

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:35 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@nobody and Fred

as nobody mentions his reasons i guess fred we all have our own reasons ..if you think german NE is fine ..maybe its fine for you..
for me german citizenship is like gettin an automatic wp to work in Uk as i am pondering over to do so in next few years (to be precise in my future)..I also feel the love for my motherland wont diminish with a Passport stamp and change in cover.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:41 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@stier:

Are you sure about UK? I thought with a German passport you can just roam freely(and work) in the EU !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 6:45 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Germans can work in UK without a work-permit. That is for sure. UK is just not part of the Euro Zone and they are not part of the Schengen Aggrement.(which does not necessarilly effect the work permit issue for the citizens of the first 12 members of the EU in UK.)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 7:24 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
I like this question, "How does EU citizenship benefit you?" well most Indians will look after their future in India because India is poised to become major power in the world atleast in 2 to 3 decades so they probably will not want to give up their Indian citizenship. Definitely the citizenship question is one's own decision depending on the economic situation of their country respectively. The most imp. question for me is, where do you like to invest? Is your investment sound enough to sustain your life? How well are you connected to your home country and its people? How will you manage different cultures? How your children are going to profit by breaking away from their parents homeland? you see you can simply go on with the list. Finally, you need a good and careful plan before you make such big decisions. You need very much to look after the relationship between the new and old country of citizenship.

Think before you leap.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 7:26 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Germans can surely work in UK but if they want to work for a longer period they need to obtain a work permit from UK Home Office which is just a formality and a very easy process for german and probably EU national.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 7:26 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Hi all
As far as I know, when someone gets the German passport (citizenship), he has to give away his homeland passport. BUT, giving away the homeland passport does not mean that you are no longer a citizen of your homeland. It is just the passport. So you can use the German passport for travelling, and inside your country you can use your normal ID card (for example if you want to buy a house, etc..). Not all people inside the homeland have passports. So my understanding is that your name will not be deleted from the tables of the citizens (inside the ministry of intern). You will just be using a new travelling document (German passport) instead of your passport from your homeland. But you will be still considered a normal citizen inside your country. At least this is how it is for some friends of mine who got the German citizenship. Any comments?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 7:43 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
@Zash

you can find the answer here,
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/willkommen/staatsangehoerigkeitsrecht/index_html

As I said before you need to study the laws on both sides carefully before making such decisions.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott