Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Help to get BE or EG

Answer
9/28/05 3:33 PM as a reply to Viswanathan Venkatachalam.
@DvD,
I havent talked about it with lawyer. First she asked me to send some details to make sure whether i will get it or not(i hope i will). So i sent docs which she wanted to have. Now i am waiting for her reply.
Last monday in ABH beamterin told me, one has a job as wiss. mit with promotion (in this case u have registered as Promotion student in uni) can have only promotion visa accor. §16. Without promotion u possibily get visa accor. §18. I think shes not absolutely right.

@pwehrli,
I am processing with assistance of katrin from VPMK, Berlin. My ABH is in Bochum, NRW.

kodam2
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/05 7:38 PM as a reply to Viswanathan Venkatachalam.
Lots of PhD students have §18.
If I would now start my PhD should I get §16 visa instead of NE?

NO WAY!!! I am not crazy.

Thing is one can consider PhDs as students,
but you can consider them as a working people that will some day get PhD but important is that they work like every normal §18 worker.

I think both points of view are legal but second is much much better.

BTW I do not understand how can PhD student have §16AE. That is completely stupid because with §16 you are allowed to work only few hours. So you would actually need §18AE to work full time according to law.

Kodam keep us up to date with answer from VPMK.
0 (0 Votes)

for PhD Students: §16 or §18 AE???
Answer
9/30/05 8:54 PM as a reply to Viswanathan Venkatachalam.
I asked experts and here is what they told:
http://www.xonder.de/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0134/YaBB.cgi?board=arbeit;action=display;num=1127735960;start=0#8

in short it is normal to have §18 AE if you are PhD Student.

It could be usefull if other PhD Students would say if they have §16 or §18 AE.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott