Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Verification of Birth Certificate 2019

I read many similar posts concerning the verification of birth certificates in this forum, but I could not find the one that answers my questions.

I submitted my Birth Certificate two months ago for verification to get the citizenship. I am aware that the german authority agents normally go to the family house of the applicants for verification about the Marriage certificates, but I was asked to fill the same form for the Birth ceritificate. In the form I needed to provide details of my schooling, contacts of all members of my family and some relatives, and so on. My thought is, they will visit my parents and ask them to confirm my birth date, but nobody has ever called my parents for appointment or visit. I began to think maybe it is not compulsory to visit if it is only Birth Certificate verification. I have not received any response from the Rathaus about the process other than to still wait. 
My questions:
- Must they still visit my family?
- If yes, what are the formalities or usual procesdures?
- Is there any additional document my parents must provide (I already submitted my birth certificate)
- Is there other thing I/my family or relatives have to know to prepaare?

In case a post has already answered any of my questions that I did not read please, share the link. Thank you in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Verification of Birth Certificate 2019
Answer
5/7/19 7:09 AM as a reply to davidina.
Your case seems strange.
Which part of Germany you are?
NOrmally this process will happen only inside Germany between ABH and Berlin
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]- Must they still visit my family?
y would thy do that?
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]- If yes, what are the formalities or usual procesdures?
if yes, thy visit yourfamily and neighbours to confirm your birth place nothing more they can do. wt kind of birth certificate it is.? Many are without birth certificate instead thy getting a letter from Indian embassy for birth certificate. Thy have also received citizenship.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]- Is there any additional document my parents must provide (I already submitted my birth certificate)
nothing
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]- Is there other thing I/my family or relatives have to know to prepaare?
wt would thy prepare........... your birth is true know...
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/19 7:43 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thank you for your reply. I am not from India. I am from Nigeria and living in Ludwigshafen (Rheinland-Pfalz). I have previously argued with them at Rathaus about this verification, since I have been using the same birth certificate here and its details are correct. From the beginning I was told that it was among what they do to complete the process. Since I am married here so my marriage does not reuire any other verification outside Germany. I am familiar with the marriage verification and I know it usually takes  months, but I wonder why it takes so much process to verify a birth certificate which they told me it can take up to six months. Rathaus said they normally send the certificate back to our countries and the German embassy there will take over. This is why I seek in the forum if anyone else has done similar before for just birth certificate and if the agents also would still need to visit my family. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/19 11:31 AM as a reply to davidina.
Davidina, join my club. I have been fighting (in MA) since a year without luck. I have been told that once you submit original birth certificate, they take 4 months to respond. These days either in LU or MA, they are not accepting any other certificates than so called BC. 

Good luck though.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/19 8:28 PM as a reply to hprj.
I still do not understand why they are do this. If they could not accept an official document from my embassy here stating my date of birth; if they do not believe that the birth date on my offfical passport is correct; if they think my birth certificate is not genueine enough; if they do not believe that I submitted right information myself and signed my birth; if they could not believe other certificates/documents from my youth showing clearly my birth date; and so on....I do not know how any foreign body can proof my birth date better. One thing is sure: somehow I was born sometimes, there is no age limitation/restriction as a criteria for citizenship, having being above 30 years old already.

Does anyone has a suggestion of what could be done?

@HPRJ, could you please share your experience about this? Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott