Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Experience at Frankfurt Auländerbehörde

Following my previous post on Blue Cad application, let me post my experience at Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde. On my appointment day, I found a few people running around without getting proper directions. 

To set the context:
1. Ausländeramt at Frankfurt or other bigger cities have long waiting times. Appointments are running into months. Some are available Online, others you may schedule by sending your documents over mail/email.

2. Transaction/Communication is done only in Deutsch (at Frankfurt). Even for email they request to write back in Deutsch. In case you are still learning the language, better take a friend/colleague with you who's fluent in language. My lawyer helped in preparing all the document in perfect order. I witnessed couple of guys from a big tech firm struggling at the counter. 

Process:
Step 1: registration with the relevant municipality (“Bürgeramt/Bürgerbüro/ Einwohnermeldeamt”) after arrival in Germany
A residence permit applicant has to go to the local “Bürgerbüro/Einwohnermeldeamt” and get himself registered as the citizen of that particular city/town. He is required to take following documents with him:
1. prescribed application form (available at the local municipality office)
2. a copy of the rent agreement for the flat
3. passport
4. photos, if required
5. marriage certificate (they asked me, even though my wife's not moving with me for now)

At the Bürger Büro/Einwohnermeldeamt the applicants will get a registration certificate. As per a recent rule, any foreigner has to register within 2 weeks after moving in any residential premises. ( I did after 4 weeks, but then apologised to the lady at the counte for the delay). 

Step 2: Getting the residence permit
After the registration with Bürger Büro/ Einwohnermeldeamt is completed, the applicant shall go to the foreigners’ office (“Ausländeramt/Ausländerwesen”) in area of his residence and apply for a residence permit. 

Documents required to be submitted at the foreigners’ office:
For the employee:
1. Prescribed application form (available at the immigration office)
2. passport
3. Original copy of the employment contract
4. a copy of the pre-approval letter from the employment office
5. 2 passport size photos (generally they require one, but its better to have two copies)
6. proof of health insurance
7. Lease agreement for the flat
8. A copy of the deputation letter (for the work permit holders, if available)
9. the registration certificate received from the “Bürger Büro/ Einwohnermeldeamt”

For the spouse:
1. Prescribed application forms (available at the Ausländeramt/ Ausländerwesen)
2. Original copy of the marriage certificate: (if it is not in the English language, then we will require a certified German translation of it.)
3. 2 passport size photos
4. proof of health insurance
5. Lease agreement for the flat

I sent all the documents with mail, as soon as I got the registration at Einwohnermeldeamt (took 2 hrs at Frankfurt). After 3 weeks got an appointment letter for 29th October 2019! Temporary extension 'Fiktionsbecheinigung', but without persmission of travelling out of country (Die Fiktionswirkung Ihrer Antragstellung § 81 AufenthG wird bestatigt- (Diese Bescheinigung berechtiat nicht zur Aus- und Wiedereinreise). Wrote them many emails but to no avail. On phone they advised me to visit Ausländeramt at get one with travel permission. 

Process (at Frankfurt): 
1. Go around 2 hrs before the office opens and obtain a token for the day. Around 45-50 are distributed. 
2. Or take chances and stand in the queue. If you're early enough chances are you'll get to see an advisor. 
3. I went on a Thursday at 12:30 PM, stood in without token queue at 20th place. Got my call at 3:30. (There was a huge line, but only one more batch of 10 people could go in after me).
4. Told the lady at the counter (in Deutsch) that I got an appointment for 29th October but I have business travel. 
5. Without fuss, she asked me to pay Euro 13 at 1st floor and collect the new
'Fiktionsbecheinigung'. In and out in 15 min.

Hope it helps. 

BR,
Kapil Gupta

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7