Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Confused about Apostile and translation .pls help

Toggle
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings
I am going to Leipzig on approx 1st May on long term visa with my daughter who is USA citizen. Do I need to get her birth certificate and my marriage certificate translated and apostilled from India to apply her Residence Permit in Germany? Or German authorities will order this if needed from their iwn registered agencies?

If yes then pls advise from where the Apostille and translation should happen?

First translation will happen or Apostile?

All this very confusing . I am not sure if I should get it done or German authority where I apply her resiResid permit will order it themselves.

Thanks and Regards
Pooja
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Confused about Apostile and translation .pls help
Answer
4/17/19 11:44 AM as a reply to pooja bansal.
Hi Pooja,
If possible get Apostile done. This is the first step. Translation can be done once you arrive here as well. AFAIK, for US birth certificates, there would not be much paper work here. However, you never know. Every individual has unique experience in Germany specially with ABH (Foreign Office). Good luck.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18