Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Clarification needed regarding insurance for employment visa

Hi,

I have an appointment for employment visa next Thursday.
One of the document required for the employment visa is the certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from the date of employment.

I asked my employer about this and they said that I will have to take the insurance on my own. The gave me the contact of someone in the Techniker Krankenkasse. But I have read on this forum that I can take the insurance after going to Germany and having travel insurance would suffice now.

Can someone please guide me and clarify what exactly needs to be done?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Clarification needed regarding insurance for employment visa
Answer
4/16/19 10:13 AM as a reply to Bhavdeep Dhanjal.
Hi Bhavdeep,

For the appointment at the embassy, you will be fine applying with travel health insurance and setting up health insurance when in Germany. TK CAN be a good choice, but it will really depend on your individual situation. I recommend contacting an insurance broker specializing on expats once you're approved by the embassy for the visa. 

Best, 
Janis from Expat Launcher
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Clarification needed regarding insurance for employment visa
Answer
4/16/19 11:14 AM as a reply to Bhavdeep Dhanjal.
Hi,

I'd agree with the previous response as well. I'd also strongly suggest taking one of the public insurances (TK is one such, so it's good).
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott