Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

[URGENT] India German Consulate - Visa appointment from home city

Toggle
Hello folks,

I got a job offer in Berlin, Germany with the start date from 1st July 2019. I am trying to get an “visa processing appointment” for my EU blue card visa and my wife’s family-reunion visa.

Over the course of past 6 months, I have stayed both in Kolkata (my permanent home address is in Kolkata) and Bangalore (I stay in a rented accommodation in Bangalore with my wife for my office work). The same is true for my wife as well. Please note that our passport, Aadhar, Birth Certificate, Voter card etc government ID contains our permanent Kolkata address. Our marriage certificate is also issued from Kolkata since we got married in Kolkata. Also, my German work contract only contains the Kolkata address. In Bangalore, we have a rental agreement of our rented accommodation as our proof of address.

For the Visa processing appointment, All the appointment slots in German Consulate Bangalore are full till end of July 2019. Therefore, my question is can I go ahead and book an appointment with the Kolkata Consulate? I have already mailed the consulate asking this question. If anyone faced any similar kind of issue kindly let me know if this will work.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: [URGENT] India German Consulate - Visa appointment from home city
Answer
4/9/19 1:47 PM as a reply to Driptaroop Das.
Hi!

If you/your wife can provide proof that your place of residence was Kolkata during the last six months, then it should not be an issue. I've had issues regarding the the same between two consulates. The point here is to provide a proof of your residence. There used to be a page but unfortunately I cannot find it now. As far as I remember, a company letter with your residence address (in your case, Kolkata), or a bank statement or document proving last six month's transaction plus address should be accepted. I submitted the former as local address proof and it was accepted but my case is not complicated as yours since you have been spending time in both cities.

My answer is based on my experience and also logical. Only the Consulate people can answer you. Keep trying to call them during the specified hours.

Another suggestion would be to trelentlessly trying to book an appointment (with the help of autofill settings) at the exact moment when the cancelled slots open up (12:15am German time, everyday).

It's a tiresome process anyway. I wish you good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 6:05 PM as a reply to Driptaroop Das.
Awesome post i love it keep posting more!  bathroom remodeling tacoma
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 8:21 PM as a reply to Driptaroop Das.
Interesting site i love it keep posting more   storage sheds albuquerque
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18