Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

USA Citizen child

USA Citizen child
Answer
4/3/19 11:45 AM
Hi All,
My 16 month toddler is USA citizen.
She does no need visa to travel Germany upto 90 days stay.
She will accompnany me to Germany when i go there in June for Employement.

Is it okay if i dont apply her visa and directly apply her Residence permit when i go there?
Is it time consuming process and may have any issues or hurdles like residence address , my husband's consent letter(who lives in usa).
Pls advise exact process , documentation and complications if anybody has experienced similar case.
Thans in anticipation.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

RE: USA Citizen child
Answer
4/16/19 10:35 AM as a reply to pooja bansal.
Hi Pooja,

It is okay to directly apply for your childs' residence permit in Germany without having a visa for her. I have helped several clients of mine in the exact same situation. 

It is very important that you bring the birth certificate and marriage certificate with you. Both need to be translated and apostilled. Also, you will need to set up health insurance for your child. 

I hope that helps,
Janis from Expat Launcher
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: USA Citizen child
Answer
4/16/19 10:46 AM as a reply to Janis Reinholtz.
Thanks Janis.
My employer is covering me with insurance . So I assumed my family is also covered. Is it not right? How and where to get her insurance? Will she be considered as tourist?
Also I will ma.rriage certificate and her birth certificate translated from indo-german Chamber of commerce. Is it ok and acceptable?
How and from where  to get documents Apostilled? I live in New delhi/gurugram.  I have only 10 days left in my travel to Leipzig. Pls guide.

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in anticipation.
Best Regards
Pooja
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3