Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Visa Awareness

Toggle
Visa Awareness
Answer
6/18/04 5:46 PM
Hello Friends,
Last week my mother in law came to Germany to visit us from India. Her flight landed about 13:00 Hrs on Sat. Unfortunately her visa was valid only from Sunday and hence she was detained in the Airport until 0:00 Hrs, next day( nearly 12 Hrs).

Normally visa is valid from the date of issue, in this case it wasn't and hence the confusion.

Personally it was an irritating experience but an useful lesson learnt!!

Watch out!!

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa Awareness
Answer
6/18/04 6:17 PM as a reply to arun s.
Visa Validity will be there in our passports.. it is not normal that visa is valid from the date of issue.. even you can send invitation for next month and get visa stamped by today(valid from next month).. then they will give visa valid from next month...

What u said was interesting and I wonder how airport authority allowed ur mother-in-law in India, if the visa is valid from Sunday? Even we donot have much time difference!!!

Even my X-Project Manager faced same problem.. he has visa from next day and he didn't checked that and his flight is from 1 day before and in Bombay they allowed without proper visa check and in Dubai they stopped because of validity and he was there for 1 night and took next day flight to Frankfurt... interesting isn't it!!!

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18