Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Job start date passed waiting for Visa

Toggle
Job start date passed waiting for Visa
Answer
2/11/19 12:50 PM
I applied late on 23 January for German National Visa for a job contract with unlimited period and a start date of 01 February because I couldn't get an earlier appointment. 

Now the job start date has passed , but i haven't recieved my visa yet and I am waiting anxiously. The company has agreed to let me join after my visa is processed , but my question is will the Job start date mentioned in contract affect the visa decision? 

Has anybody faced similar situation?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Job start date passed waiting for Visa
Answer
2/11/19 6:34 PM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
If the hiring company is fine, I don't see any issue in you getting the visa. Have you applied for Blue Card Entry Visa? or a normal Employement visa? and which center you applied? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/19 5:26 AM as a reply to prabhu.
I have applied in the Bangalore consulate for employment visa ( work permit) . I am eligible for blue card, but I thought that process is to be done in Germany? 
I am trying to get status of application as I need to join as soon as possible, but I did not get any response from consulate. 
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
2/12/19 10:12 AM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
It is normal for everyone. As far as your employer can wait. There is no pblm.
so wait for the visa approval until then.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/19 5:10 AM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
I am in same scenario(applied in bangalore consulate for Stuttgart location on Dec 3rd for Feb 01 Visa Start date). Even after following up with consulate, there usual f.b is "in progress".

I also requested company HR team to contact Stuttgart ABH and even they got the same reply.

Is there any ways to expedite this process? Will frequent follow-up @ Bangalore consulate will help? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/19 4:17 PM as a reply to Ferrari M.
I tried calling and asking the Bangalore consulate if there is any way to speed up the process. They said they cannot do anything until the German authorities come to a decision. They also said only ZAV pre approval can speed up decision, but I did not have it since I am eligible for blue card.
The only option is to wait.
Let me know if you find a way!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
2/19/19 8:47 AM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
@Rashmi

By any chance when you submitted your documents they collected your passport or they returned to you?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/19 11:39 AM as a reply to prabhu.
They have taken my passport and original degree certificate. They said it will be returned with the visa decision.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/19 12:33 PM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
Thanks for the feedback. Did bangalore consulate gave any deadline like (max 12 weeks)?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/19 12:49 PM as a reply to Ferrari M.
The website says decisions can take upto 12 weeks. But in the checklist it is written as 6-8 weeks for employment visa. The visa officer did not say anything specific about it, I was just suggested to wait for email. 
Call the consulate during visa enquiry hours and check. Sometimes a more helpful person may pick your call hopefully. 
Do update here when you get it finally emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/19 6:44 PM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
I visited consulate couple of times before. It's seems usual time is 4 weeks and by max it can go up to 8weeks. But Stuttgart(place where applied) is very busy these days and can get delayed (what extent is not clear)...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/19 3:16 AM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
Hi Rashmi, Did you got any update on Visa? Even I am facing the same issue. My joining date was Feb 1st and I applied for the visa on Feb 1st itself from Bangalore Consulate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/19 11:07 AM as a reply to Ferrari M.
Hi @FERRARI

Did you got any update on visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/19 4:00 PM as a reply to SAMARTH HANDUR.
Not yet. Even today I visited the bangalore consulate. They are telling the application is in Stuttgart ABH and they need to give approval and nothing can be done from bangalore side. So fingers crossed and hoping the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/19 12:53 PM as a reply to SAMARTH HANDUR.
I got the email and collected my visa today. 

@FERRARI and @SAMARTH hope you get it soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/19 5:18 PM as a reply to Rashmi Gokhale.
Congrats Rashmi. I hope it is a great relief. All the best emoticon 
Any tips? Did your employer did something for a speedy approval?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott