Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Work permit help

Toggle
Work permit help
Answer
1/18/04 3:53 AM
hello,

i am a student and also work at a resturant. i dont know how to put up my question. well, i have a little problem, my visa expires in couple of months. and as i am almost finished with my studies here i still want to continue my work with my resturant where i am very important person.

my resturant boss asked me to apply for a work permit to stay longer and work for him. but i hardly have any idea about the workpermit process and specially for a person who prefers to work in resturant for longer time instead of other cases for example a Company.

i would like to know if someone can help with the information, legal issues and requirements to fulfill a work permit process here specially when the employement is in a resturant.

praveen.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit help
Answer
1/18/04 5:18 PM as a reply to praveen chepuri.
Hello Praveen,
First of all, Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to discourage someone, I am not trying to despise any job/profession and I am not trying to be arrogant. I am trying tell what I know regarding the above question..
so to your question.. it might be difficult for you to persuade the guys/gals in Arbeitsamt for a job in a restaurant, when there are 4 million jobless Germans(possibly thousands of them are eligible for a restaurant job) out there.
and If you are not applying the work-permit under GC-Schema.. (in your case which looks difficult unless you are managing the IT-Infrastructure of the restaurant with an IT-Degree and a yearly 40K gross salary)
what I have heard is, "Arbeitsamt Pain".. the normal(Non-GC) work-permit process takes 2-3 months time where they search for an eligible EU(not even German) Citizen for the same position..
Ofcourse.. as one TV ad says "Nichts ist unmöglich" :-)
If your Boss(or maybe yourself) is powerfull enough and has some good connections.. I beleive this can be still done..
Good Luck

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit help
Answer
1/19/04 12:25 PM as a reply to praveen chepuri.
Hi praveen,

I think you can get more information at this forum:

www.info4alien.de

Good luck
anis
0 (0 Votes)

Deutsch Führschein Theorie Prufung
Answer
1/19/04 6:47 PM as a reply to praveen chepuri.
Hello *,

Anybody having taken a German licensce Theory test and keen selling the Booklet(English version),kindly let me know.
Email id:tochetan@yahoo.com
Regards,
Chetan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7