Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Aufenthaltstitel Question

Toggle
Aufenthaltstitel Question
Answer
6/27/04 2:06 AM
My position is aqs folows:
I have come to Germany a year and a half ago on dependent visa (my husband has a GreenCard until 2006) The first year I got an Aufenthaltserlaubnis with which I could not work. After one year ti expired and now I've got again Aufenthaltstitel but this time it says "Selbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet" - what does that mean exatcly? What are my rights now, have they changed since lst year, and can I work (part or full time and under what conditions) with this visa?
The local Arbaitsamt has approved me for GC (I am in proces of getting my Computer sciance degree, but it will not happen for another 6 monts or so) but I am interested in what can I do with the existing visa till then?
Thank You

Vesna
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Aufenthaltstitel Question
Answer
6/27/04 2:15 AM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
it means that you can work for some german employer but can not work for yourself, nor can you found a company in Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/04 2:43 AM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
Thank you for your speedy answer trusdayemoticon

I didn't entend to work independently nor I planed to found my own company. I have one additional question. Is there any sallery requrements attached to this kind of visa, and do I have to go thrugh the proces of checking for a potential German or EU citisen for the job position?

Tnx

Vesna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/04 11:15 AM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
as you will have a degree in computer science, there is only one salary requirement: it should not be less than a salary of comparable native employee in the same company. considering check of labour market by local employment office: they have to do it when you apply for a first work permit, however usually not so thorough as in case of ordinary employee (not a GC)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 12:09 AM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
Why do you need a GC visa? Maybe you don't need it - since you're allready 2 years resident, you coul'd apply for unlimited work permit (Arbeitsberechtigung). You can do any job than that suits you, because there are no time or sallary limits. After 5 years you can easily get PR (Niederlassungserlaubnis).

Cheers,
Mobilink.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 12:28 AM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
"After 5 years you can easily get PR (Niederlassungserlaubnis)."

PR by current laws - yes, if unlimited work permit is not limited in time. Niederlassungserlaubnis - not sure, it will depend on a point of view regarding husband - if authorities will refuse to prolong him residence permit because it imitially was limited only to 5 years, they will refuse to prolong a residence permit of his wife as well ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 1:08 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
bog Vesna
ne znan jeli me mozes razumit pa je mozda najbolje da nastavin na engleski.

few info that could help:
as you heard with this Visa you can do anything except have your own firma.
with GC you can do only IT and you have to have 40 000€ salary to get Visa.
so it is a question what is better for you

btw after 6 month GC ends meaning there won't be any new GC in 2005 given because GC law will not be valid any more.

beside you and your husband (all GCs) have probably a chance to stay permanent in Germany if he keeps his work.
if you get GC you will be absolutly certain that you (both) can stay permanently.
Also if you do not get GC you should both get PR but what can hapend is that you get some bad Beamter (those are oft) that doesn't know law.
But with new law that should be imposible.

so your GC could make things easier because then it is no problem if one of you loses job as long as another works.
after one of you gets 5 years with salaries you both get PR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 1:32 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
"Maybe you don't need it - since you're allready 2 years resident, you coul'd apply for unlimited work permit (Arbeitsberechtigung)."

hallo mobilink
are you sure for those 2 years.
I thought it is 5 years to get AB
is it different if you are married.
where is it in Gesetz

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 1:40 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 1:40 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/04 1:35 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
"PR by current laws - yes, if unlimited work permit is not limited in time."

Arbeitsberechtigung IST unbeschränkt UND unbefristet (IS time-unlimited and no employment limit)

mobilink
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/04 1:38 PM as a reply to Vesna Ivanisevic.
reply to DVD...

"are you sure for those 2 years. I thought it is 5 years to get AB"

take a look into booklet nr. 7 "Arbeitsgenehmigung für ausländische Arbeitnehmer" Cap. 2.2 point 6. (Page 15).

puno srece, pozdrav

mobilink
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3