Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

an open letter

Toggle
an open letter
Answer
7/11/04 3:48 PM
I wish some people in the immagration and related authorities read this.

At present a good number of students from the indian subcontinent studying in germany. Because there is no tution and the high standard of education, germany has become a target for many students from those countries. Also you dont have to face the hassle which you face in something like the american embassy.Many many students now apply for admission in german universities or fachhochschules and there is good competition for the places. Thus at present a cream of intellectual talent from the subcontinent is studying in germany.

The problems are
1)we are grown up with english as our second language. We had almost no german before coming here and the sprach courses didnt help that much. The teachers in those sprach courses dont teach in english, thus we dont really pick up what they are saying. It could be far better if they had been teaching in english and compare between the english and deutsch grammars.
2)the job market is so hard, it seems almost impossible to get in unless you have native deutsch.
3)it took such a long time to pass the immigration law and then the students passing before 2005 are not going to get the advantages.

I for one would have loved to stay in this country. I like the people and atmosphere. I want to contribute to the country which has given me a high quality masters degree...., we are all intent but the circumstances stated above are pushing us back.

I hope I have summed up the present situation and wish people from relevent authorities read the letter.

thankyou.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: an open letter
Answer
7/11/04 8:23 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
Hi dude,

just something to say about your Problem 1.

It's really not a problem and that's the way things have to be, I mean, teaching in German and not in English. It's because you are studying German that you have to be taught in German.
Imagine if they had to give courses in the languages of the people there: what a Capharneum!
Or may be there should be German courses for English speaking people, French speaking, Chinese speaking, Turkisch speaking, Bambara speaking, Italian speaking, Spanish speaking, Greek speaking, Swahili speaking... and I don't list the rest :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/04 12:17 AM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
Hi, how did you get the masters degree if you do not speak German? I studied in my native language and it was already hard enough... I read your post three times and I still couln't understand your problem... Is it that Germans reather prefer their own language than English and they shouldn't...?

James
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/04 12:22 AM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
Hi Yousuf,

You have raised a valid question for the students studying here. Let me try to bring some achievable solution in this regard.

Well as you have said, the students who have graduated before 2005 may or may not get one year extension with work permit. Well, I personally feel it is irrelevant to dwelve deep into this. Look, the immigration law is solely brought keeping in mind that they need highly skilled professionals. I am sure, after completing a Masters degree in German University, you will sure come under the skilled professional categorie and the only thing you have to prove is you are one of the person going to contribute to the German economy. Now, how to prove this is the question. Well, the first and foremost thing is German. You need to speak "German" at any cost to get into the Industries. Second is the Job contract. Thus when u are speaking German, having a German masters degree and a job contract. Obviously you will be getting "Arbeits erlaubnis" without any problem. This is one of the achievable solution.

Second solution is, Since you are completing the course by september this year, why cant you try for a praktikum position. Already, according to German law, a student completing his graduation in Germany is entitled to work for 2 years as a "Nach Praktikant". This position is a full time job and you will be considered same as a Mitarbeiter. you will be subjected to same tax cut same as a Mitarbeiter. But you will be paid less. Doesnt matter, hang up with this position atleast for a year and then you have a good chance to convert it into an work permit( according to nue zuwanderung gesetze, may be).

Lastly, if nothing works and you are asked to leave the country. Why worry yaar, you have completed masters in one of the most industrialized nation. you will be welcomed anywhere.

Keep your hopes high and set your priorities.

Good luck.

Irfan.
0 (0 Votes)

att: Irfan
Answer
7/13/04 8:06 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
>Lastly, if nothing works and you are asked to leave the country. >Why worry yaar, you have completed masters in one of the most >industrialized nation. you will be welcomed anywhere.

this is not true! who told you that German Degrees are welcomed everywhere? it all depends on the degree you were hounoured and also the university you completed your post-graduation but not all universities and courses my friend. when someone is looking after your education they might consider what experienced you gathered and how you gathered so it is never dependant on the country.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott