Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Master student(computers) seeking guidance

Toggle
Hi all,
I am sorry if this kind of mail has appeared before in this forum ... but as new immigration law has been passed ... i think its better asking again.
I did my bachelors in computer science from India. I have good command over programming laguages. I will be finishing my masters course in Jan 2005. and i wish to work in Germany after my masters. Here are few questions that are constantly bugging me. Please be kind enough to read them and suggest me something (if you can):

1. I have good understanding of german. so how difficult it is to find a job in germany( I m good in Java, servlets, Php , Mysql and not to leave behind C,C++.. i have work experience in each of these.)

2. during my masters i worked in a company as a part time worker .. and my employer is ready to write an experience letter for me.(which is almost 2 yrs) will this count as work experience, when i apply for jobs.

I hope i am not vexing you...but i need this info so only i m asking these Q's.
thanking you for your time and concern.
regards
john
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Master student(computers) seeking guidance
Answer
7/19/04 7:08 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
1. You'll get 1 year Visa for Jobsuche. I think it is enough.
Why haven't you allready started with search?
Maybe you get something till Jan.
2. For Jobsearch it is experience. For pension depends on have you paid pension Beiträge.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 2:52 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
Hello DVD,
I think 1 year visa for job search is only for guys who completed their masters in germany

John, command in Prg. Language alone is not enough, you should also have good command on German language.

Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 3:42 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
"I think 1 year visa for job search is only for guys who completed their masters in germany"

ouch

I understud he is doing master in Germany.
If he is not he can try to change University and after doing master thesis here he will be in.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 4:39 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
"If he is not he can try to change University and after doing master thesis here he will be in."

Great loophole! Kudos, DvD!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 4:52 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
I too think that John has to clarify whether he is completing his Masters Course in Germany or in India. I guess for the first possibility as its not so common that someone learns German in India.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 5:21 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
Hi guys
Thanx for replying and helping me.
and sorry I did not made myself clear that I am doing my masters in computer science in germany . and I will be finishing my course in Jan 2005.
I have good command over German also...to be frank i understand the language very well ...but when it comes to speaking the problem arises(afraid of my accent).
There is another message link going on now for "how to find out job"...but that is not for computer professional (atleast i think so)... so can anybody tell me how one should approach for a job...i mean where to start from ...(just give me a start thats it)
thanx once again
John
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 7:57 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
"just give me a start thats it"

so I was right
make a Job Suche Assistent in monster.de and jobpilot and stepstone.de.

than send Bewerbungen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 2:19 PM as a reply to john abrahim.
yeah DvD ..you were right in saying i didnt start yet..
thanx for your suggestion i will start now...
regards
John
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3