Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Are there different types of GCs ?

Toggle
Are there different types of GCs ?
Answer
9/17/04 8:54 PM
Hello,

I just wonder how many types of Green Cards are existing today. I am working in Philips in Nuernberg and hold a GC. My company says if I have no job in Philips anymore, I have no rights to stay in Germany. This is because, my GC is explicitly for Philips and in Nuernberg. I started my work in Mar 03 and have RP for 5 years.

Does this mean, I can not get the Arbeitlosgeld as I go out anyway? Will I have some notice before packing up (may be said in the job contract)?

Does this mean, I can not change my job? And if I do so, should I get another visa and another work and resident permit?

If I would like to work as a contractor, say in any other company whom should I contact?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Are there different types of GCs ?
Answer
9/20/04 4:52 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
Hi Balu,

Same problem here. I to have a GC with the company´s name and place on it, and it means we can stay here for 3 months, or maybe 6 months (depends on the particular officer in the Arbeitsamt). If the Visa didnt include the name & address of the Company, we could get ALG for upto 12 months provided you worked for min 24 months. I think Hessen and Bayern are the particular ones who issue Visa in this way. As I said, different offices have different rules, and it all depends on whose face you wake up on that particular day !!

Regards
Fred
fredjeffry at hotmail dot com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 5:28 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
Hi,

I also had a similar problem. The name of the company was on my visa. But when I realeased that I will not have rights for Arbeitlosgeld then I went to Auslanderbehörde explained them the rules and they changed my Visa..That was not a problem. Just go and enqire in ur local office. U should be able to get ur visa changed.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 6:38 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
HI Amolp

can you specify the rules here please, what you have spoken with the authorities to remove the name of the company.

regards
Jackal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 7:08 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
Hi amolp76,

I would like to discuss this possiblity with you. I would be thankful if you write to me at fredjeffry@hotmail.com

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 7:09 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
Btw, I am in Wiesbaden, Hessen!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/04 11:53 AM as a reply to Balaji R.
Green Card rules are same all over Germany but implemented differently in different parts. In some places , they are mentioning the company's name in the passport and some places its not written.

You could always go to the Arbeitsamt and apply for Arbeitlosgeld with the existing Visa status . Many cases , the Arbeitsamt have the given the Arbeitlosengeld without questions. In some cases , they have created problems. They ask you to change the Visa status. When you go to Ausländeramt for changing your visa , they would look for Rules and give a permission to try for jobs in Germany for 6 months only..which could be extended if you have some interviews pending.

As long you are staying in Germany , you will recieve Arbeitlosengeld (depending on eligibility ofcourse).

You could take help of Bonn also incase of any problems. They are friendly and try to help as much as possible.

If you still have questions..please ask me ..I know these cases since I had simillar problems in 2003.

Mani
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/04 12:41 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
@Mani:

Could you write to me at fredjeffry@hotmail.com please...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/04 12:45 PM as a reply to Balaji R.
What are ur questions fred.. what do u want me to write

Mani
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3