Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Steps to do after quitting?

Toggle
Steps to do after quitting?
Answer
10/11/04 3:29 AM
I worked for three years in Bayern, quit in July. What steps should I make now? Do I have to officially annul my visa? Do I have to go to Sozialamt? Do I have to report myself to DATEV? Do I have to the corresponding embassy? And similar questions. Unfortunately I can't expect any help from my previous boss. Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Steps to do after quitting?
Answer
10/11/04 12:43 PM as a reply to S. K..
"What steps should I make now?"

-> Register yourself as unemployed in Arbeitsamt.. I hope you didnt miss this step back in July when you quit your job, then look for a job till your unemployment benefit period finishes.. I mean, I can not tell you the steps after here.. it depens on you and what you want to do in your life.. :-)

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/04 4:47 PM as a reply to S. K..
Hi Lacrima, thanks for your reply! As of "it depends what you want from your life", that's clear to me (I don't want to live and work in Germany, it's not a country to my taste, that's for sure). What I was actually referring to, however, is what **bureaucratic** steps I should make. (Annuling visa, documents and so forth.) Thanks for any pointers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/04 7:47 PM as a reply to S. K..
Hi Sveko,
In case you really want to leave germany then you need to do the following.
1) Deregister ur self.Go to Rathaus and fill out an Abmeldung form ( Abmeldung at Rathaus)
2) Close all your bank accounts
3) Close all ur Insurances ( Health,Life,Auto,Lawyer etc
4) Sell of ur belongings on ebay ;-)
5) Collect all ur Certificates i.e. Experience etc
This makes you leave in a healthy way without any troubles later.

Hope this helps-
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/04 12:17 PM as a reply to S. K..
Maybe I can add a few things like: Wohnung, Electricity, Water, Cable-TV, Handy etc...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott