Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

legalization of foreign documents!

Toggle
legalization of foreign documents!
Answer
4/21/04 5:33 PM
Hi,

This is sometimes annoying emoticon( for people coming from these countries,

Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Cambodia, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, the Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, India, Kenya, Laos, Liberia, Morocco (legalization is only being suspended for those documents that are not included in the registers of births, marriages and deaths), Mongolia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines, the Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam.

Does someone from India have any idea about legalization of birth certificates from German Embassy & Consulates in India. Is it possible to legalize birth certificates in chennai consulate? how long and how much does it cost for the whole process in chennai, India if it is possible. Form here http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/laenderinfos/konsulat/urkundenverkehr_html#13
it states that it is not possible but still having a ray of hope from someone who had experience with such stuff.

If you have any info about legalization of unmarried & married documents in India too, please let me know!

thanks!
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Re: legalization of foreign documents!
Answer
4/21/04 5:56 PM as a reply to Nitin Reddy koluvolu.
i have done the marriage cert. in india for my spouse visa and lohnsteuer card change. The embassy in chennai said they dont do this, so i have done a translation with the german chamber of commerce with their chop/seal and it was well accepted here without any questions. According my opinion, as long as a document in deutsch here the authorities are quite comfortable and dont expect any legalization. It costed 400 rupees and took two days.

Hope the above info helps. Gruß, Desmond
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/04 7:32 PM as a reply to Nitin Reddy koluvolu.
Hi Nitin,

As per my info, you could get these documents (birth and marriage certificates) legalised from the Consulates in India which were responsible for your area. The only requirement was that these docs had to be first legalised by the Home department. (In case of Mumbai, from Mantralaya). I went thru the link you posted. What could be the point to be noted is : "legalization is only being suspended for those documents that are not included in the registers of births, marriages and deaths". Does that mean that if the marriage is registered, will the German consulate legalise it? Not sure.

All the best. Just to know, what are you trying to get legalised? Birth cert or Marriage certificate?

Chirag.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 1:05 PM as a reply to Nitin Reddy koluvolu.
Hi All,
My wife joined me on spouse visa (later converted to green card) and we also filed our taxes together for which our marriage certificate was valid. RP was also given on the same basis.Now when we apply for the birth certificate of our child the people at Standesamt say that our marriage certificate has to be legalized .We contacted the consulate of our home country which says it has to be done at home.(that procedure would take 2-3 months).
The question is after after giving Visa,RP,filing taxes together on basis of our present certificate why Standesamt wants certificate to be legalized.
Any one with above experiences help out please.Is there any way to convince the Standesamt?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott