Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Inviting Parents

Toggle
Inviting Parents
Answer
8/9/04 1:35 PM
Hallo,

I want to invite my parents next month for 3/4 weeks.

Please help me with the details like what are the requirements, which govt office to approach, what forms need to be filled etc.

Will really appreciate if someone could guide me...

Thanks in advance !
Trustme.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Inviting Parents
Answer
8/9/04 1:51 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Very simple!

You have to go to your Ausländerbehörde with your last 3 salary slips and house contract, fill up a form and apply for a Verpflichtungserklärung (Sponsor Certificate). You will have to pay around 20 Euro I guess. You can get Medical insurance either here or back in your home country. If you are taking from Germany:
http://www.ausland24.com/Besucher.html

For India, ICICI Lombard is good (www.icicilombard.com)

Send the Sponsor Certificate to your parents. They have to go to the concerned German consulate and apply for a tourist Visa. Thats all

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 3:35 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Yo Trustme,

Fred is wrong! You do not need to do all of that. It is a wast or your time and money.

First, Where are your parents from? Citizens from most countries do not need anything other than a passport. With that they can come to Germany for up to 3 Months. If they are from certain countries then they need a visa, but that is also no problem from a place like India for example. You do not need to do all that Fred said. You only need to do all of that if you want your parents are coming and staying for a longer time. 3 or 4 weeks certainly falls under a normal tourist visa from any country.

So, they onyl need a passport or depending on home courtry they need a tourist visa, but you do not have to do anything........

Later,
Cool Dude.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 5:24 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Hi,

upon my personal experience, what fredjeffry is the simple and best way to get a tourist visa/ short stay for germany.
My parents tried to do as COOL DUDE said, but German Embassy needs the information like
1. Why do they want to visit germay?
2. Where are they going to stay in germany?
3. Who are going to bare all the expenses for their entire stay in germany?
4. Some Proof to show that my parents are going to come back from germany. (showing assets etc etc)
5. If my parents are doing business, all the income tax paid slips till last year. if working in a govt. then they need NO Objection Letter from the govt etc.
etc etc.

This is my personal experience. But my parents consulted a travel agent in delhi, he said to get a sponsorship letter from me and last 3 months salary slips and my employer letter stating that i am still working for them.
With these, travel agent sent to embassy and got visa for 3months in 5 working days.
Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 5:59 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Hi,

Fred, Deepak and Cool Dude...
Thanks guys, replies in less than 4 hours :-), thats really helpful, I appreciate this.

Ok, am Indian and I want my parents to stay with me for few days, but I guess they won't like to stay here more than 3/4 weeks. [Maybe if I blackmail them emotionally, they might stay for some 1 or 2 weeks more ;-) ]
But once November sets in, it will be difficult for my old parents.

Now that you know my case, you can suggest me the way !

Regards,
Trustme
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 6:19 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
hi trustme,

the best way is go ahead with what fredjeffry said. take the sponsor letter from foreign office (if you go early in the morning it doenst take you long time), but take all the details of your parents, like passport no, date of birth details etc, also take €40(20+20) and send them to your parents.
I dont know how much time does it takes to give visa if v directly apporach german embassy.
In my parents case, v gave passport and all the required documents(sponsor letter+salary statements+my employer letter) and my parents passports to travel agent and got it done in 5 working days. he charged extra Rs.2000(courier costs).

Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 6:38 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Thanks Deepak.

I will follow the steps you guys suggested.

I need some more info like :-

do I have to show a particular amount in my banks here, or my parents have to show something like this in India.

Is there any restriction that my current house should be more than 'X' qm ?

Also, if getting this Verpflichtungserklärung(Sponsor certificate) is just a matter of a day here, I guess it all depends on the German consulate in Mumbai to issue the Visa, which might take time ?
Do they have to go personally to the consulate or thru some travel agent ?

Regards,
Trustme
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 6:51 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Answers to your questions

>>do I have to show a particular amount in my banks here, or my >>parents have to show something like this in India.

You dont need to show anything, just send them ur last three months salary slip(photo copy).

>>Is there any restriction that my current house should be more >>than 'X' qm ?

they wont ask anything regarding your flat.( for my parents they didnt asked me anything except what i told in my previous reply)

>>Also, if getting this Verpflichtungserklärung(Sponsor
>>certificate) is just a matter of a day here, I guess it all
>>depends on the German consulate in Mumbai to issue the Visa,
>>which might take time ?
>>Do they have to go personally to the consulate or thru some
>>travel agent ?

Yours wish, you can apply directly or apply thru travel agent, its optional. For my parents it tokk 5 working days, my parents apllied in Chennai Consulate. I dont know abt mumbai/Delhi consulates.

Regards

Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 7:01 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Trustme,

Here is a link to the german embassy in India. You can get all info and even download the Visa application if you want. I would not bother with your pay slips and that whole process. I mean, getting a visitor visa is no problem. Simply fill in the application and answer the questions and your parents will get a visa without any problem. Why would you do more and pay more than you need to? This is just a matter of answering questions, which is easy. It is just a form and no big deal. I mean, what if you did not live in Germany. Does that mean someone from India can not visit Germany? Of course you they can. They just need to fill in the form. And proof of things is not problem. Example Some Proof to show that my parents are going to come back from germany. Easy, Airline ticket or enough funds to show you can buy one to get home.

http://www.germanembassy-india.org/en/willkommen/visa/index.html

Later,
Cool Dude
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/04 7:04 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Hello trustme,

I have applied and got three times the so-called verflichtungserkalerung.
Its just a matter of 30 Min in the Aulaendersbehoerde.There you will be given
a Application form.You have to fill it up,For that you need some information
regading your parents ..like Age,Date Of Birth,Passport Number,address of
your parents.
The Important things that you need normally are as Fred said

1.Your Passport
2.The current Meldebestaetigung ( some aulaendersbehoerde may not ask it )
3.20 EUR ( for each person )
4.Last three months salary slip ( i have been asked just one of it )
5.the above mentioned information about your parents.

IN INDIA :-
--------
It is not neccessary that your parents personally appear in the consulate for applying the visa,You can do it through a travel agent.
When applying for the Visa,As Fred mentioned you need a health Insurance
for a period of your parents intented stay in Germany,
And a confirmed to and fro ticket( I don't know if it is neccessary ).
Normally,The processing of the visa takes just one or two days.
(in my case i applied on one monday morning i got my visa stamped on that wednessday forenoon )

So it is as simple as that !!! go ahead !!!
Shino
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/04 3:59 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
Hello Cool Dude,

What you mentioned in your postings is what you would wish to be in obtaining a visa to Germany. But the reality is completely different. Please dont paint misleading pictures.

People from India without any relatives/friends in Germany can surely get a German visa, but the German consulate in India will ask for proof of sufficient funds, a confirmed return ticket, hotel reservation and the like. And just like the funda here that the rules vary from AB to AB, its the same case in the 3 or 4 german consulates in India. So you cant define the exact procedures. It doesnt harm to carry a few extra papers, does it?

I called the concerned person in the AB before going there and he asked me to bring the Mietvertrag (House agreement) with me. They dont worry about "min qm", but I have heard that they have an unofficial rule as 12 qm pro person.

I have heard that some medical insurances taken in Germany (for this visiting visa purpose) cannot be extended. Did anyone have experiences in this?

My parents had taken a Medical insurance from ICICI Lombard in India. We have a (dental) claim to settle. Let me see how easily it gets solved. I will post on this more later.

Please do correct me guys if am wrong.

Regards,
Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Inviting Parents for more than 3 months
Answer
5/18/06 3:20 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
hello all,

i know the procedures for getting a 3 month tourist visa in Germany.But can i take my parents as dependents to Germany??I need them here for more than 6 months since me and my wife are working and
we are expecting a baby soon?

thanks,
marjana
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/06 3:34 PM as a reply to Vinay Patil.
I became father last week and we also invited my mother-in-law to germany with a 3-months visa.

Your only chance is to apply later for an extension of the tourist-visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott