Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Driving licence

Toggle
Driving licence
Answer
7/20/04 12:33 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is fine,, I have one question i came to germany on Sep-1st, 2001. I already have indian driving licence so i done umschreibung. Landratsamt said that i should take Theory and practical test, Now i finished my theory test. But the problem is now i am trying to do practical test..But the problem is there are some persons says that i should take my licence before sep-1st 2004.because of 3 years..Anyone have any idea whether its true how the landratsamt people know about when i came to germany???,so incase if i cant able to take the practical test before end of august,2004, whats the next preocedure to get the driving licence ?? i am not really clear with this driving licence procedure.....please spend some time in answering my question....Thanks in advance...
bye
sriram
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving licence
Answer
7/20/04 11:46 AM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi,
If i remembering correctly,when i made application
in the fuehrerscheinstelle for translating my Indian licence
around 1 and half year ago,they told me that i have a maximum
of three years to get coverted my licence to German.
But i'm not quite whether i've to make the application within
three years arrival or i've to get through in the eaxam within
this time limit.
But there is a month time for you to take your practical
exam.So go ahead ..all the best ..,One bad thing i expericed regarding
the translation was,they took my Indian license when they issued me the
German licence.

how the landratsamt people know about when i came to germany???
Its as simple as that !!!, The date of entry is there in your
passport Right ???

All the best for the driving test !!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving licence
Answer
7/20/04 12:55 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi Sriram,
What is important is the date you register for driving license. That must be within 3 yrs of you coming to Germany. So it does not matter when you take the practical exam.
You do not have to surrender your driving license. If you can get a letter from your company telling you go regularly to your home country and need your Indian license then, they will not keep your Indian License. Also in India you cannot drive with the German License which means you will have to get your license back from them everytime you go to India (in case you are driving there) .

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18