Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

question regarding new immigration law

Toggle
Hi,
can anybody tell me what will be the status of students according to the new law after they pass out of a university degree.

I am finishing my masters degree in about september. So will I get a work permit next year and if yes for how long?

thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: question regarding new immigration law
Answer
6/27/04 8:21 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
Hi Yusuf,
As far as I know, you will not get any automatic workpermit just because you are graduating from a German University.

What this law offers you is, a maximum one year visa(not a workpermit !) that will allow you to search for a job in Germany. I am not 100% sure but I guess you are also supposed to show your means of financial support during this job-search time.

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/04 10:31 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
"you are also supposed to show your means of financial support during this job-search time."

application for a social aid! *lol* emoticon ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/04 1:08 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
first of all if you do it in September you don't get anything because new law starts 1.1.05 (maybe). so you should first take care that you do it in 2005
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/04 3:19 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
my visa extends upto next year february, but if i finish in this september will it be possible for me to extend my visa next year when the new law comes into effect or that I have to pass in next year to get this privilege?

will it be possible for you to give me a link where i can get detail info about this law?

thankyou for the kind answers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/04 9:34 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
No, extension into 2005 will be not possible. The Ausländerbehörde will take care of this.

Better for you if you extend your master's work and finish it on the 1-st of January 2005.

http://www.zuwanderungsrecht.de
http:/www.info4alien.de
http://www.migration-online.de

The new law is not yet finished. Wait until 9-th of July 2004.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/04 8:36 PM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
hello cardholder,
sorry my masters will finish soon and there is no way i can extend it to 2005.

but the law says that students passing can stay up to one year to find jobs. thus if it comes into effect in 2005 and if i am passing september 2004, i should be able to stay upto september 2005. isnt it?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott