Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

I hate to be a foreigner.

Toggle
I hate to be a foreigner.
Answer
6/30/04 10:20 PM
Every year abroad counts for two years at home when it comes to my felt age.

The Ausländerbehörde always makes me feel that I am unwanted.

You can not open your heart to the native people regarding your inner feelings of being a foreigner in their country because they are not interested in that.

In fact if you start to talk about such things they will be angry about you because you are talking bad about their country.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: I hate to be a foreigner.
Answer
7/1/04 12:27 AM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
I agreed with you in some ways.

I am working with a german company and has been transferred here for nearly 3yrs now and holding a GC which is in the process of extension.

My company get into IPO recently. So the Germans + PR are allowed to buy the shares and employees from the same company outside germany will get a bonus instead, at the end of this month since they are not allowed to buy the shares due to the

I am quite disappointed and regret at the same time as I am not allowed to buy these shares because of my limited contract and on top of that, I am not qualified to get the special bonus due to the reason that I am working in Germany. I felt cheated as I had been working for the company for nearly 5yrs now :-(

My boss is trying to get me the unlimited contract in my visa extension. Hopefully, will get it and I can get the benefits of all my doubts. I try to optimistics sometime.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/04 12:26 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
I absolutely agree with all these.When I went to foreigners office.I was treated very badly.Despite knowing very good english the officer there didn't speak a single word of German.She felt very proudy knowing that I didn't understand german.

The immigration dpt.. should have conducted a german test also before issuing green cards.
The lady office there so arrogant...
At that verymoment I felt that its not my country

Ravi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/04 12:46 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
"The lady office there so arrogant...
At that verymoment I felt that its not my country"

you should not think that way.
Look for example byrokracy at your land. They are probably also shity and you do not blame your land.
In my land Byrokracy is even shitier but I wouldn't say my land is bad because of that.
Here in De I also had few problems but I had a lot more good experiences.

but important is not to judge country according to byrocracy because every byrocracy is bad.
you should judge country according to people who know you.
Looking that way De is wunderbar for me
0 (0 Votes)

Re: I like to be a foreigner.
Answer
7/1/04 12:57 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
I am sorry guys, but for me it's different, i like being here and i am satisfied with the services from local gavornment offices in here, whenever i have some problem i go there and have a talk and my problem is solved, i also don't speak german very well but it's enough to get through what i meant to some people.

The people in here also nice to us, for example my friends in my company, they are all german but when i tell them about my GC problem situation they always think that it's not fair for us and they're willing to help if they can. Our neighbours also very nice and somehow they care about us and that's why it a bless for us to live here.It's personal issue here not general issue. I am working in american company and live in small city in bayern, i don't know if the location also make a different?

In my company i get the same right as any employees and the company already promise me that they going to take care of my working permiit when it's expired, they said they will find some way to do this as long am still their employee, no question about it.

I am not saying that my condition is better, but i just want to state here that not all of us GC have a hatred feeling being a foreigner.

Ade

"We are IT, we rule the world."
0 (0 Votes)

DRIVING LICENSE ISSUE (!)
Answer
7/1/04 1:26 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Hello folks,

I've been quite a passive contributor to this forum but an active reader of the trends(messages posted). For me ; it's quite a daily digest.

Now, I have something bothering my mind.Not long ago I decided to have the germany driving license. I have already 8 years driving experience in my home country & US. I went to enroll in a driving school because I wanted to experience driving in germany.But to my disappointment it seems I have made a mistake. The people running the school gives me the feeling that they are not only a driving school but also an enterprise(maximisation of profit) through their behaviour.It seems they have a hidden policy of who they issue licenses to and till now ;
I have not been considered in their plan.

So far I have kept my eyes close pretending that I do not understand what they are doing, hoping that they would use their good conscience.

I have invested alot of money & time on this effort already . I do not know how to proceed further.
Is it possible to switch to another school with my information transferred without trouble. I mean this school (the current school which I'm in now) not attacking me from behind for leaving their school ?
0 (0 Votes)

Invitation for a free get together evening for NRIs
Answer
7/1/04 1:41 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Dear All,

I am a GC and has a good news for all the NRIs from India.

On behalf of a leading Indian bank, we are organising a get together in some cities of Germany.You will be invited with your families.

Please let us know if you are interested.
Send us your contact numbers at investnri@caramail.com.

Thanks

Rahul

We will contact you .
0 (0 Votes)

Re: driving license issue.
Answer
7/1/04 2:29 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
hi onje
just two point to keep in mind in case you need to go through practice driving hours(fahrstunden) and practical test(praktische prüfung)
1)You can always change the driving school, ensure that you take written confirmation(quittung) from your current school, relating to the payments you have made, and the practice driving hours you have undergone, then revert to another school where you might find more comfort.
2) The practical examiner (prufer) from the landesbetrieb-Verkehrsamt is not biased.He takes his own decision, independent of your driving school.All you need is to drive accordingly to what you have been taught by your fahrlehrer.
So your fahrlehrer(from your school) cannot influence(for you , against you) the examiner,no chance.
All the best
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re:driving license Issue
Answer
7/1/04 2:36 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Hi Onye
ya and of course on more point.The German driving license is no simple stuff like the US or any other one.Its expensive.You can estimate anywhere between 800-1200 euros to get it (depending on your driving lessons that you need)
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: driving license Issue.
Answer
7/1/04 3:04 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Hi,

First visit verkehrsamt and ask if it possible for u to convert ur original licence in German one. Do not ask Fahrschule as maybe they do not have the right information. The verkehrsamt normally asks for a translation of ur original driving licence from ADAC. After submitting translation u can directly take the theory i.e. u do not need to attend theoriestunden from Fahrschule, and then take some practice from Fahrschule again if ur converting ur licence then u do not require the 12 compulsory plightstunden.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: driving license
Answer
7/1/04 4:47 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Hi amolp76 and onye,

I converted my home country´s driving license into a German one. I got all the infos from the Kraftfahrzeugzulassungsbehörde Bad Schwalbach in Hessen. According to the infos which I got, a conversion is possible within upto 3 years from the date of entry & registering in Germany (Einreisedatum). If so, you need not attend theory classes, and need not drive the 12 Pflichtstunden too. Just register yourself in a driving school, get a photocopy and translation of your Ausländische Führershein, a Begläubigung from the Stadthaus and submit them in the Verkehrsamt(?). Then you can take some driving classes and appear for both the practical and theory exams. For the translation, I would recommend you to approach the Automobile Club- AvD www.avd.de (just 25 €uro + postage, asI did it over post) rather than ADAC which wanted 65 €uro+postage!

Regards,
Fred
fredjeffry at hotmail dot com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/04 12:35 AM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
For God's sake do not drive on the wrong side.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/04 2:34 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
"You can not open your heart to the native people regarding your inner feelings of being a foreigner in their country because they are not interested in that."

try to do it in a different way. show them that it's better to be a foreigner in their country, just because foreigners do not have to work for their money, as they can nicely live from the taxes paid by natives. i can assure you that natives will be very interested in the subject *lol* emoticon

"The immigration dpt.. should have conducted a german test also before issuing green cards."

lol do you think that Germany would get so many GC-holders if such a test was necessary? i highly doubt it ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: driving license
Answer
7/5/04 1:10 PM as a reply to Alfred Maier.
Unfortunately, in Germany, some driving schools are really only interested in making money, I was lucky that I only had to do the written test, and that the people at my school were really competent, and were interested in showing a high sucess rate.

Btw, you can buy the books for the theory and the formularies (In English!!!) for the written test. If you can master them completely, then you will pass the written test, because they are exactly the same questions, no way to loose there.
Look for "führerschein" in amazon.de

Some info about driving in germany and getting your license:
http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/auto.htm
http://www.avd.de/recht/rechtstips/d_rt_anerkausfs.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18