Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
FAQ
Answer
11/12/03 3:57 PM
Dear Jens,

thank's a lot for this great job! Your answers to the FAQ in ...

http://www.trust7.com/living_in_germany/faq

are really helpful emoticon

Is there an English version coming up? My German is far away from perfect.

Best regards
Peer
0 (0 Votes)

Re: FAQ
Answer
11/17/03 5:38 PM as a reply to Peer D..
Hi, Peer!

Sorry that I answer only now: Thanx for your words...
An English version is coming up soon, of course, it is already translated, but I had to find a native speaker, who would correct my translation (I wanted to be quite sure). The English version will come at the weekend/next week.

I hope not too late ;)

Bye

jens
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/03 1:13 PM as a reply to Peer D..
Hi Jens,

your FAQ is one of the best sources of German 'Greencard' information I've seen on the internet. Thank you again for putting it up on the internet.

I'm currently in the process of applying for an Arbeitserlaubnis and Aufenthaltsgenehmigung (for a Finance job not IT). I'm an Absolvent from a FH and an American university, I've a work contract and I speak passable German (far from perfect).

I just returned from the Arbeitserlaubnisstelle and I would receive an answer in 1 - 3 weeks from the Auslaenderbehoerde regarding my Arbeitserlaubnis and Aufenthaltsgenehmigung. I'm assuming that it is just a matter of time before I receive the necessary paperwork to live and work in Germany. Is this a correct assumption to have made? What else could still go wrong?

The Arbeitserlaubnisstelle Beamter said that they now had all the necessary documents. Could the Auslaenderbehoerde request more documentation?

Any insight you could provide me to what is actually happens to 'Arbeitserlaubnis and Aufenthaeltsgenehmigung' applications would be great. I though I'd ask because you are a „staatlich geprüfter Berater für ausländische Arbeitnehmer und deren Familien“ and have experience with these kinds of cases.

Thank you!
Auggie
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/03 4:07 PM as a reply to Peer D..
Hi, Auggie,

if they said, that they don`t need more documents, then it is OK.

As a citizen of the US or EC (and a couple of other countries - there is a list) you can normally receive the permit at once.

I guess, you are from another country, since you have to wait 1-3 weeks.

When you are studying in Germany you get a Aufenthaltsbewilligung for the duration of your studies. After your graduation, you normally have to leave Germany.

To get an aufenthaltserlaubnis as a foreign absolvent who is already in Germany you must have a special profession (see greencard) or there must be a "public interest" in the employment of the expert because of your knowledge. That must be proved by your company.

As you see there are three important points: your nationality, (the importance of) your job and your company.

let me know the facts: j.weissenberg@t-online.de

Regards

Jens
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/07 2:58 AM as a reply to Peer D..
Hi
Every one My name is Mohamad Mujtaba Ahmed and I am a student Of Fachochschule/Wolfsburg Studying MSc Computer Science and I came from india,I am In search for a Student job!!

What is the best way to find a student job and how should i apply,and also I have completed my bachelors degree in computer sciene engg.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott