Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Immigration Law passed!!!

Immigration Law passed!!!
Antwort
09.07.04 15:35
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,307912,00.html
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Immigration Law passed!!!
Antwort
09.07.04 15:38 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
und ?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 15:41 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1430_A_1262367_1_A,00.html

here its saying it will be activated from Jun 1, 2005.

Detlef, it would be nice if you could explain the major points.

Ahmed
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 15:44 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
und wo ist Sekt
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:00 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
hurrraaahhhh !!!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:04 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi fellow GC´s,

Now here comes the question: "Does it have something for GC´s like us?" And what does the term "Hochqualifizierte" mean at last?

Does this article from Frankfurter Allgemeinegive us hope?

"2. Arbeitsmigration:
Hochqualifizierte - etwa Wissenschaftler oder Computerfachleute - können nun von Anfang an eine unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis erlangen und sich in Deutschland niederlassen. "

Mehr dazu hier:
http://www.faz.net/s/Rub812F1B901A514F208C613F6B1B336BCC/
Doc~ECC88ADBC779F433B8C4D976D25DE9D97~ATpl~
Ecommon~Scontent.html
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:18 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Moment.....did someone say June 1 ??? :-o

FAZ says so :-(
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:20 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1430_A_1262367_1_A,00.html

here it says that it will be activated from June 1 2005...:-((
0 (0 Stimmen)

Whats the content of new law !!
Antwort
09.07.04 16:26 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi guys ,

Law is passed but whats in the law .

I guess mr detlef is the right person to tell us whats really in it .

Whats in for GC ?

Cheers,pac
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:31 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
hmm.. at last..

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/zuwg/0433.html
here it says: valid from Jan-2005.

ok.. I still have some doubts about this law..
Is it final acceptance?? or again it has to be also accepted by Bundesrat/blablarat??I don't know much about these "rat"s??

Jelda
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:33 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi *,

read this from FAZ:
Das neue Gesetz wird nach seiner Verabschiedung im Bundestag und im Bundesrat am 1. Januar 2005 in Kraft treten.

So it seems, that the 1st June is just a mistake.

You can find link to the content of the law in our 'Immigration' section ( since more than 2 years already ). The main points are still the same.

Have a nice weekend
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:40 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi,

"Is it final acceptance?? or again it has to be also accepted by Bundesrat/blablarat??I don't know much about these "rat"s??"

I too either have not much knowledge abt these rats.But if i understood
correctly,the so-called "Bundestag & Bundesrat " are lower and upper house
of the German parlement.Since the both houses of parlement have accepted
the law,It has to be signed by the Bundespresident.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:44 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Impropriate message: You know what, I miss Sudaca aka Diego.

Are you still there?

DD
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 16:45 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
the immigration law was adopted today by the Bundesrat to. yes it is officialy a law now. I propose that we alo try to get an official answer about our situation and how will this law affect us. The main problem that we see is not if we get that PR after 5 years but what are the condition to renew the current work permit. This is not clear. Everyone talked about PR but that is not so important..if after this 5 years we could get another 2-3 years visa automaticaly than that would be enaugh. This case must be studied rather than the PR thing. We should all concentrate to get answers for this question coze if we obtain this renewall than the PR will be a natural extension. we should try to make a mem orandum and get it signed by peoples and send ti to the government. we should request for an official and concrete answer to the question what heapends after the 5 years if we don't qualify for a PR(many GCs had 2-3 months of unimplyment and they won't qualify for that 60 months of paying rent needed for PR). We did once something like this..I think NOW its the time to do it AGAIN coze we have the law and hope in sight! What do you think?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 17:04 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hey Dude

Count me in please. I totally agree with U.

Where I have to sign?

YO

PS: By the way, Sudaca is absolutely inmerse in work, maybe also not in Germany. I´ll try to email him.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 17:14 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
As writte in FAZ newspapper,

"2. Arbeitsmigration: Hochqualifizierte - etwa Wissenschaftler oder Computerfachleute - können nun von Anfang an eine unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis erlangen und sich in Deutschland niederlassen."

Computerfachleute are we. emoticon

People come, please wait untill 2005.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 17:17 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
I had mailed to DW about the possible error. Now they have changed it to "1.Jan 2005":
The Upper House also passed Germany's first law on immigration, which will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2005.

spiegel.de says:
Das Zuwanderungsgesetz ist endgültig unter Dach und Fach. Der Bundesrat stimmte am Freitag in Berlin dem Gesetz zu, das Anfang 2005 in Kraft treten soll.

We are all sure that its 1. January, right?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 17:25 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hello guys!

I don't really know why you guys are so afraid that you will not be able to extend your visa if you have a work here. By which low you believe you can loose your visa? I don't see any way for someone to loose his visa while having a job here. The government is even trying to make it easy for a new non-EU people to come (of course if they have a job offer that cannot be fulfilled by a German or EU citizen). The point with the new low is to have GC-like posibility for all professions, not only IT.

The only problem we had with GC is that it was not possible to extend it. And now with the new zuwanderunggezetz it is!

Best regards,
Gordan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 17:26 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi all!

YO was right, I am really out of the loop now. As a matter of fact, I am writing this from Liverpool, UK, though I still work in Germany.

I am glad the law finally got passed. I agree with the idea of carefully moving the pieces to see what exactly is going to happen with GCs. By 1st. of January 2005 there will be GCs with less than a year to go, and it would be nice to have an idea way before that time.

Yet again, we got to be careful on how this pieces are moved. One year ago, we had a good momentum when Detlef was making the big calls. I can only hope my good friend Detlef is not too tired right now, because I still think our best chances of getting a decent spotlight are only if we lay low, we present a consistent message, we concentrate on the important and refuse to argue around the accesories.

As usual, much of the real stuff will be decided on how the law is implemented. I think a general outline of what we should present as a common face is: we are glad the law got through, we are grateful to this country and the opportunities we found here, and we are willing to continue to give our best under the new legal frame.

But please: let's not start discussing about social benefits, language courses or any other kind of state subvention!!! This is just crumbs, and doesn't make the point. Paradoxically, I think that the best chance we stand on closing this chapter in a happy and successful way is to just forget about benefits and concentrate in what we have to give.

This, I think, are the only things that makes us different -and important- as a group: we are already here, we speak the language, we live the culture, and we have already added value to our employers.

From where I see it, there is only a short way still to go. Only concentrating on what we can give, and in the big picture (and believe me, this is a huge step for Germany and Europe as a whole), we may be able to arrive to the one thing I believe is worth standing for: our peace of mind, the chance of planning and dreaming a future for our families, on the basis of a fair deal.

Cheers,

Diego aka Sudaca.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.07.04 18:46 als Antwort auf Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@Diego

That was quiet an impressive write-up; well thought out.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott