Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Work permit

Toggle
Work permit
Answer
6/4/04 12:44 AM
Hello

I am a doing my masters in Germany now i got the job in a company and i want discontinue my studies and i want to join in that job it is possible.

One more thing is I am not a IT-Background person I studied BE electronics I got job in Germany also in same field can any help me how to apply for the visa

My problem is the company people don’t know any thing about this work permit system, I need a help.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit
Answer
6/4/04 10:58 AM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
Hallo neelavenkt

You don´t know anything about work permit but I suppose you speak better German than most of us.

I´m also in the electronic branch, you could be included in the GreenCard scheme, but please take a while, breath and think for a minute:

- If you quit your studies now, a "normal" work permit will be ready maybe in 6 month minimum
- Another option for you could be a Green Card. For this your future employer must to fill a form, send it to the local Arbeitsamt and wait for the results. This is in most of the cases quite fast, maybe a couple of weeks. After that, the Arbeitsamt emites a paper and with it you can change your visum in de Ausländeramt.

But please, "take a time think a lot" (lyrics of a song) because we think the new law is, mit a little of help of God, in the last phase, maybe in about 6 months could be working and the people like you will have better benefit.

Another option is with your visa you are allowed to work a little bit, I guess 18 hours per week (please confirm). Maybe with this you can wait until the new law and not quitting your studies. Also for the new law, a master degree is a positive point.

I hope this could help you and good luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 11:35 AM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
"My problem is the company people don’t know any thing about this work permit system, I need a help."

your employer just has to write that he needs some rare skills for the job position, which you have and others will not. because the schema is quite simple: local employment office gives your employer a document which he has to fill out, basically it is a description of job profile; once your employer fills it out, employment office starts to match it with profiles of their unemployed, then start to send information of their "suitable" unemployed to your employer. so if it is made sure that employment office will find no "suitable" unemployed guy due to rare skills in job profile, you can get a work permit pretty quickly. otherwise it may work in a very different way (btw in which it is supposed to work in Germany: let foreigners get german employers and employees together!): you bring the job to employment office, they send "suitable" unemployed guys to your employer and your employer hires one of those ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 12:08 PM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
dear Mr. Trusday,
I got your interesting point. I couldnt believe that there are such lazy people in this world . Now i am planning to make a petition to Human rights comission, against arbeitsamt which is grabbing hard earned job( bread and butter) from a auslander and giving it to their own people. such bullying shouldnt be tolerated. It is just like taking the honey(jobs) which is hard earned by bees(auslanders). I hope now you will carry this debate further ;-))
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 1:07 PM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
Hi Venkat,

If u think that its problem with workpermit, then ask the company to allow to work as a Fachpraktikum (with the same pay), u can do this for 2 years after ur studies. I am also doing the Fachpraktikum, but I got only one year visa, it depends on the duration the company is applying for.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 3:22 PM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
"I hope now you will carry this debate further ;)"

lol why not? ;)

first of all, people are lazy just to the point till which the laziness is allowed. you wouldn't work if somebody paid you enough money for nothing, now would you?

secondly, the job of officials in employment offices is to reduce a number of unemployed people and thus save the money which those unemployed people get from the state; foreigners normally do not have any right to get those money and therefore they are not unemployed from the point of view of officials; how do you think, why the officials then would prefer to help such foreigners in reality (in words they will, for sure *lol* emoticon)?

thirdly, probably you would like to study the european history, then you can understand why the big purse here does not mean anything when it comes to rights; when you do not agree with such rules and think that money should rule this world, you probably should go to U.S. - there you would probably find what you seek! here i mean the following: why unemployed people should take the whole burden of hard economical situation on their shoulders when they paid money in taxes for the services of those officials in employment offices, when they worked good for their bosses and politicians with fat purses but those bosses and politicians were real lazy, used the money not in the best way and, if to say it plain simple, just lost them? i always thought that responsibility should lie on the shoulders of the guy who was not right, others may take that responsibility off his shoulders but only if he admits himself that he was not right and responsibility is his?

and why others should think about rights of foreigner if he does not care about his rights himself? you think it is different towards natives? hhha! if there are such stupid natives here that do not care about their rights they will get even worse treatment than foreigners, believe me!

appeal to human rights committee ... i guess you meant it as a joke, but in reality those work permits do not comply with human rights, the only thing will be to prove that and it is not going to be easy because such practice is commonplace in all countries and therefore you can count that best lawyers will make everything possible to show you as a completely "black" guy ... i will tell you how i handle it, guess that it is probably a better way: i do not search for a job until i know that i will get a work permit; why do that? when the country wants to pay me unemployment benefit and social aid for no work, they are welcomed to do that; my task will be just to make sure that i do not get deported, and it is much-much easier to do than to try to prove that the whole "work permits" system does not comply with human rights ... how do you think how long the local officials will be able to hide the fact that they constantly pay social aid (i guess of type "Arbeitslosenhilfe" will be enough ;) ) to the person who should not get it and that they were not able to deport him? hha! and not to the guy who asked for asylum and thus pleads for help, will get used on the worst job places possible and then get thrown out when he can not work anymore; but to the guy who constantly says: "it's my right to live in Germany and i will do that whatever is done by you", who does not work on anything but on creating additional work by writing claims and official letters? and you guess they will be able to hide that? hha! interested people will learn everything without problems, i can guarantee that!

you say "lazy" ... it's a relative thing, i can give that word back to you as well ... you see, people may be "lazy" in defending their rights as well ... and in my opinion the ones that are "lazy" in defending their rights are truly lazy, just because it is really not hard to lick the a.... of those who pretend to be in command, it is not hard to work days and nights so that they can spend your money *lol*!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 3:32 PM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
lol will give just one example how wonderful i work: only vs. one authorization of unemployment benefit for me i submitted three appeals (Nr. 247/04, 1257/04, 1258/04) and one letter of complaint where i threatened to start a legal dispute if they do not give me any answer till 24.06.2004. Not bad, isn't it? I guess that i alone can create more than three additional workplaces for officials, i can *lol*! emoticon emoticon emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/04 4:26 PM as a reply to Venkatesh Neela.
to neelavenkt:
after your study will complete take several months free, relax yourself and when you will have clean head make decision.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott