Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Change of Steur Klasse

Toggle
Change of Steur Klasse
Answer
9/29/04 12:39 PM
Halo All,

I am wondering on how to go about for change of Steur Klasse.
the only document i have is the marriage certificate, that too an english version.

Please advise.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Change of Steur Klasse
Answer
9/29/04 1:00 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi,

Submit Marriage Certificate(in German only) and latest payslips and your wifes passport. Better go with your wife. It is very easy. Or just call your local foreigners office, they will guide you.

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/04 1:09 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
I dont think German version is compulsory, for me they accepted a English/Other Indian language combination and they havent complained. So just go and try with what you have.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/04 1:13 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
What I did back in the days: I had to get my wife registered first, then I took the Anmeldebescheinigung, her pass and went straigth to get it change, no marriage certificate needed because in her pass, it's already written Mrs AnyBody, wife of Mr NoBody. It took 5 minutes and it was in Mainz, I dunno if other places do that differently.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 1:17 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response.I have a problem here, am not sure if that is really a problem but.

My wife will not be able to join me this year, but will join me later next year.

Does that mean , i will be in Klasse 1, untill she is registered here.
If that is the case, then i will simply wait untill she is here.

i thought if i could alreasy consider changing to Klasse3, i would save some taxes from this year.

Any ways, waiting for response and suggestion from you guys.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 1:59 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
I had the same problem too, but it was not really a problem but a question at that time.
The answer is that it is written that one can claim changing his tax class to 3 if he is married IF AND ONLY IF his wife is living in the German soil.
So if she's not there, you are considered as married but you're still class 1.
If you use to send her money back home, don't forget to ask it back when you fill your tax papers.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 2:06 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
This is what is written in the small tax book you can get free at the Bürgeramt:

"Steuerklasse III gilt für verheiratete Arbeitnehmer *wenn beide Ehegatten im Inland wohnen*, nicht dauernd getrennt leben und der Ehegatte keinen Arbeitslohn bezieht oder in der Steuerklasse V besteuert wird."

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 4:02 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Thanks for the Information.

So now it is clear that she has to be here in Germany and after the registration only i will be changed to Tax Class3.

Now, i should start the the process of getting my wife to Germany.

BTW, is it possible that she comes here and registers in the einwohnersamt and then she gets back to home country.
I think this should be possible.

Please advise.

And , could you also please advice on what documents are necessary in order to process the Spouse Visa.

Ii am from India and Chennai is the Consulate where she would have to go.

I am asking all these because, some of the guys already have experienced and these are of great help to me.

Please let me know.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 4:15 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
"BTW, is it possible that she comes here and registers in the einwohnersamt and then she gets back to home country.", yes but if she makes more than 6 months outside the territory, she will loose her residency.

"And , could you also please advice on what documents are necessary in order to process the Spouse Visa", I prefer the other guys give you an answer for this, me getting my wife here took nearly 1 1/2 years and it wa so complicated that I think I'm a *unique* case. SO those who got the thing easier, just answer the dude and let him get his love down here.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 4:42 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
If you are an Indian or a GC then you can join one or both of the yahoo groups Indians-In-Germany or G3Consortium and there are a lot of information regarding this, specially from Chennai counsulate.

Happy searching

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/04 5:13 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Or you can search this site for "Spouse Visa", you are sure to find more than one thread as it is a extensively discussed topic!

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/04 12:07 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi All,

One Quick Question in General.

How much would the actual Tax Percentage be ? for a Tax class 3.
I know that for a Tax class1 guy it is around 44 or so..

Right now, let us say i earn about 2K per month after taxes. What would the change be after i change to Tax class 3.

any Information in the regard is highly appreciated.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/04 12:17 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
You could get, say, 2.200.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/04 12:34 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Thanks NoBody for the Info.

And one more, i am trying to reduce the Size of the DOKUMENT BeschV -Entwurf. Once i am successfull i will get back to you all.

Chaani
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18