Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

DE Citizenship without Birth Certificate

Toggle
DE Citizenship without Birth Certificate
citizenship
Answer
1/16/19 3:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I am an Indian and in process of applying German citizenship. I have all documents except birth certificate which I took actually from Indian Consulate here in Germany. However, foreign office is saying that without original birth certificate from India, they would not accept the application and this is new rule. Moreover, the birth certificate issued from consulate is also invalid. 

I know lot of people born in 80s does not have any birth certificate (most cases). How can I overcome this problem? These days in India everything is online and not sure if I can get any birth certificate. Are there any other options which you may aware?

Please confirm. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: DE Citizenship without Birth Certificate
Answer
1/17/19 2:58 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi,
you have to take the wrong route, by visiting where you are born and requesting them (birth registration office) to create a record in the year you are born. If possible they might do it with some expenses. Once they create a record in the MRO office (or related office), it will be available online later.

so give a try sending your friends and relatives to know the process.
hope this info helps.
BR
basbrem
0 (2 Votes)

Answer
1/28/19 1:33 PM as a reply to hprj.
Any updates on it? Were you able to get birth certificate?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/19 2:02 PM as a reply to India Indian.
No, getting birth certificate (for people born before 1989) is not an easy process anymore. I need to go backdoor which I hate or does not actually want to do at all. However, I can say it would take around 3 months if every officer get his/her share of money. Unfortunately, it is so.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/19 3:31 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi HPRJ,

May I ask at which city/town will you be applying for Einbürgerung?
I applied at Einbürgerungsamt in Fürstenfeldbruck, Bayern. 
And they actually did accept the Birth Certificate issued by Indian Consulate, Munich.

BR
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/19 10:06 AM as a reply to max leo.
Hi Max,

How to ask birth certificate from embassy? do we have any procedure for it?

Chandru
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/19 10:16 AM as a reply to max leo.
@Max, from Mannheim actually. Yes, lot of my colleagues and friends have already got citizenship only with birth certificate issued from consulate here. But my Sachberater is not ready to accept it and does not allow further discussion on this topic anymore. It looks like without that my application would not be through.

Thanks for your inputs though.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/19 9:44 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Hi Chandru,

Go through following link for details:
https://cgimunich.gov.in/pages.php?id=19

@HPRJ: Then it looks like you have to get it somehow from India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/19 1:47 PM as a reply to max leo.
Dear Max,
Thank you for your reply. I hope you live in part of Munich, that why you applied via Munich Indian Consulate.
I am living in East. For me the Indian Embassy Berlin vl come. The link above what you given is valid for Munich limit whereas the same service I dont see in Indian embassy Berlin.

rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18