Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New Aufenthaltserlaubnis for new EU-countries' GClers.

Toggle
Hello!
I come from Poland, so since May 2004 I've been a new EU-country citizen. I've been living in Germany with my wife since January 2002.
I heard from some of my colleagues that it is possible to convert my current Aufenthaltserlaubnis (bound to the company I work in) and my wife's one (bound to me) into new 5-year EU Aufenthaltserlaubnis; the new ones are not bound to any company any longer, and my wife should get a separate (not dependant on mine) 5-year long visa aswell.
Do you possibly now if this is true? I've been fighting with my Auslanderamt for the last two months, and they don't know anything. And when they don't know - they say it's forbidden. I know already the cases in which it wasn't a problem , but in my office IT IS a problem. I need to provide them with the explicit rule - to clarify WHY me and my wife ARE ALLOWED to get new independent permits.
Could anyone help me?
Best regards!
Maciej
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New Aufenthaltserlaubnis for new EU-countries' GClers.
Answer
9/8/04 12:23 PM as a reply to Maciej Tokarski.
I think whatever you say wan't change anything.
You should pay Rechtschutz and get some god lawyer.
With Rechtschutz lawyer will be for free and when lawyer says something then they will listen.
Maybe Detlef can help to get a god lawyer.

Do not go to AB before 1.1.05 because than starts new law.
Old one says nothing about new EU countries.
Beamters wan't learn new law until 2005.
And than they will have to learn.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/04 1:22 PM as a reply to Maciej Tokarski.
I know people from new EU countries having no problems to exchange GC with another work permission. I think this must be done by your company.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/04 1:33 PM as a reply to Maciej Tokarski.
Source: http://www.blc.berlin.de/online/de/AW/i/5/seite0.jsp?nav1=open

"Der Beitrittsvertrag sieht auch vor, dass Bürger, die vor oder seit dem 1. Mai 2004 mindestens 12 Monate bei einem deutschen Arbeitgeber angestellt sind, uneingeschränkten Zutritt zum deutschen Arbeitsmarkt erhalten. Dies gilt auch für deren Familien, wenn diese im Zeitpunkt des Beitritts bei ihnen in Deutschland wohnen oder sich bei einem späteren Zuzug mindestens 18 Monate in Deutschland aufgehalten haben."

You need to get the Beitrittsvertrag print it and bring it to your ABH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/04 1:36 PM as a reply to Maciej Tokarski.
Please read here:

http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/kvr/ausland/88693/euerweiterung.html

"Ihre Aufenthaltsgenehmigung gilt grundsätzlich als Aufenthaltserlaubnis-EG weiter. Bitte kommen Sie erst kurz vor Ablauf der Geltungsdauer wegen einer etwaigen Verlängerung zur Ausländerbehörde. "

My wife and myself got unbefristed Arbeitserlaubnis without any issues - we did it ourselves. My wife also changed her Aufenthaltserlaubnis to EU-Aufenthaltserlaubnis, I still haven't done it yet because I guess I'm too lazy emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/04 1:38 PM as a reply to Maciej Tokarski.
The Treaty of Accesion:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/enlargement/negotiations/treaty_of_accession_2003/de/table_of_content_de.htm

Interesting for Poland:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/enlargement/negotiations/treaty_of_accession_2003/de/pdf/3_beitrittsakte/aa00039-re03.de03.pdf

"Anhang XII: Bestimmungen mit begrenzter Geltungsdauer, Übergangsmaßnahmen für POLEN"
->"2. Freizügigkeit "

"die Familienangehörigen eines Arbeitnehmers nach Artikel 10 Absatz 1 Buchstabe a der Verordnung, die am Tag des Beitritts bei dem Arbeitnehmer im Hoheitsgebiet eines Mitgliedstaats ihren rechtmäßigen Wohnsitz hatten, haben nach dem Beitritt sofortigen
Zugang zum Arbeitsmarkt dieses Mitgliedstaats. Dies gilt nicht für die Familienangehörigen eines Arbeitnehmers, der weniger als 12 Monate rechtmäßig zu dem Arbeitsmarkt
des betreffenden Mitgliedstaates zugelassen war;"
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18