Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Changing a Job

Toggle
Changing a Job
Answer
7/9/04 2:48 PM
Hello Trust 7,
I am relatively new to this group.
I have been working for a consulting company, which has been changing me to different places and I am looking for a change in job in order to settle down as I will be getting a baby in november.
There is potential for employment with my present client,who is a big automotive giant,with various buissness segments.
The department which is intrested in me belongs to another buissnes segment.
But the contract between my company and client says that offering a job by the client during the duration of the contract or 12 months after termination of the contract is not allowed and if it happens, it must be done with a compensation of 50000 euros.

some told me that this law is not legally valid.some tell me that the contract is between the concerned dept and my company, so it wont be a problem in recruiting you.
If anybody knows anything about this, please advise.

Regards,
chan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Changing a Job
Answer
7/9/04 3:46 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
chandra you need a lawyer not forum
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/9/04 5:59 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi Chandra,

Hmm, actually you could be right, I read somewhere that a company can only put such a clause if they indemnify you, that is, they would have to pay you for every month that they want to keep you out of the market. But check with a lawyer.

On the other hand, maybe you can smooth down things with the company you want to leave if you get them a replacement, and stay to train him for a few months.

You can mail me at selbstverstaendlich at gmx dot de if you want to share some details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/04 5:36 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
The mane problem is that it's not your employment contract; it's a term from the contract between your company and the client. The client must pay compensation, not you - >you have no restrictive formula im Arbeitsvertrag.

This "automotive giant" can't offer you a job, but probably you can terminate your current contract and send your resume to this giant.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott