Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Tax filing fees

Toggle
Tax filing fees
Answer
7/20/04 8:54 PM
Hello all,
last month I have asked a steuerberater to fill the tax filling application for me for the year 2002, After he finished he sent me a rechnung with the following items,

Einkommensteuererklärung 2002 90,20 EUR
Einküfte aus nichtselbständiger Arbeit 2002 97,40 EUR
+16 % total 217,62 EUR

I hope somebody can help me with the following questions:::
what is this second item " Einküfte aus nichtselbständiger Arbeit "
is the total fee (217,62 EUR) acceptable ? I think it is too high? had any body come to such an experience with steuerberater?

please note that I am a classic employee, and have only my salary as an income and no complicated issues in my application.
can somebody give me what to do if this charge is too high and not what other tax advisors get?
thank you alot for your help..
alom.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax filing fees
Answer
7/20/04 9:19 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
depends on how much did you get.
cheapest Berater takes 50 DM = 25 € but lots of them take 5-10%

beside, this 2 is same as 1
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 9:28 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Thank you for your reply, I earned 42000 EUR in that year,
and can you please tell me 5-10% of what, is it of the 25 EUR or ?
thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 9:46 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
5 - 10% from steuer you got again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 10:00 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
"I earned 42000 EUR in that year"

I meant how much steuer did you got returned
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 10:06 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
up to now I didn't get any answer from finanzamt, but maximum I will get 700 EUR according to the berater calculations but he told me that most likely I will not get it all, instead I will get back about 400 EUR,

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 10:50 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Hi Alom,
I think what the steuerberater charged u was not that bad...however there are cheaper ones too.

Are u a foreigner working in germany? Are u sending money to your home country?
If the answer is yes..then u can claim the money that u send home.

I go to a Tax Filing organisation which charges around 100-150 Euros per year (depending on you salary) for all the tax filing and consultation...it is in München..but there are lots of these organisations around germany.
check out: http://www.lohi.de/

I have positive experience with them.

Cheers,
Cape
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/04 10:53 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
alom you found a steuerberater who is idiot and expensive too.
every god steuerberater would get minimum 1500€ (regarding 42000€).
if he takes more than 10% it is to much, and your took 50%
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 11:46 AM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
"alom you found a steuerberater who is idiot and expensive too."

I don't think he is an idiot, he took 50% of alom's tax return
(WARNING: joke!)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 1:13 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Hi all and thanks for your replies,
It is true that I am a foriegner working in Germany, can somebody tell me what is the difference between these two items at least from the language point of view as my German lang. is very bad, I feel that I have been charged twice for the same thing

DvD: may be you are right except that may be I am the idiot and not the st.be. ??because if I would know that I will get only this amount and paying this charge, I would prefer leaving the complete amount to finanzamt!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 3:10 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
It means...

Tax Declaration (Filing) 2002 - 90,20 Eur

Income from dependent work(Salaried Job) - 97,40 Eur

+16 % total 217,62 EUR

Normally a Steuerberater quotes you a Tax Filing fee, which includes consulting, calculating...and filing your tax returns.
Here it seems that he is charging you separately for Tax filing and consultation. It could be also that he is charging some percentage of your salary. I think the best is that u ask him first, what it would cost...?

Also some Steuerberaters are clever and they might get you more money than the normal ones...but they could ask for a share of 10% or so..from you.

In Germany...always ask the price first. Lots of people take advantage of the fact that foreigners dont speak their language and have little knowledge about the rules...be careful not paranoid.

good luck.

Cheers,
Cape
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 3:59 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Maybe somebody can post here what he actualy put in tax return forms?

I did my tax returns by myself, I put only travel to the job, which was 50km one way, and a bank fee for having an account.

They returned me tax for those two, but what else you guys put?

I think that we all need advices, and if one year steuerberater does it for you, you can do the same next year, isn't it? I mean if "normal" steurberater did, not special/expensive one.

Thank you,

Vladimir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 4:13 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
what else you guys put?

telefon rechnungen handy und festnetz (with letter from firma)
leben versicherung (maybe haus und auto)
Parrents support
Laptop (with letter from firma)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 5:14 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
@DvD

I think the Firma will give you such letters only if you use them for company/job purpose.

Am I right that the limit for each parent is some 2300 Euros?

Has anyone claimed the flight charges when you go to your native once in a year? Mine was rejected last time.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 5:28 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Hallo all,

I have worked only three months last year and i have not done the tax filing this year. I have paid around 48% tax (steuerklasse Eins) last year. Will i get anything in return if i do the filing? Is it worth doing ? Need advices.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 5:51 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
If you have your tax card where it is shown that you have worked only 3 months you will get most of your tax back, harry up and do it...Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 6:29 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
for completeness...

It means...

(1) "Einkommensteuererklärung 2002 90,20 EUR"
(2) "Einküfte aus nichtselbständiger Arbeit 2002 97,40 EUR"

If you are a normal employee you fill two forms, (1) has two pages is a general form were you fill general info about yourself and also what kind of income you will declare.
Form (2), has one page, you fill it with help of your Lohnsteuerkarte and there you also write the things related to this type of income.

To do the taxes yourself you can buy a commercial program (10 €--100€), download a free version from the government (https://www.elster.de/ssl/index-anwender.htm), or you can do it by hand.

You can download the free version from the web, or get a CD from the tax office, (they are normally on a Box on the floor near to the formularies), you can use the program to have an idea of what your return will be like.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 7:08 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
What do you provide with the sum amount of help to the parents in native coutry?

Is there a limit of 2300 EUR?

Did you get money back for that?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/04 7:47 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
@Vlad

The limit depends on the country where your parents live, and on what kind of Income your parents have besides what you send. There is some kind of legal process in progress about the legality of this limit, so it may change in the future.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/04 11:19 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Hi VR,
Is it possible to tell in which column #(form) you enter "a bank fee for having an account".
I have made my Steuererklarung with Elster myself i want to include this fee also. I have already included fee for german course under Ausbildung info.

dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/04 12:10 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Anlage N
on a second page in row 47, under the weitere werbungskosten, I wrote: kontofürung and in field 42,36 EUR.

That is a bit of money, but bit by bit.

I would like to know more about this help to family in the native coutry, if anybody have time plese explain what sort of documents should be attached to the form?

Vladimir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/04 7:20 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Thanks VR,
We will learn step by step about Steuer by sharing info with each other. I have 2 questions if any can put some light.
1) for 7 months my wife was in my native contory with my parents,can i claim 2nd home what document to be proved. I use to send money to my brother a/c when send money to my faimly.
2) what type of evidence is required for phone & netsurfing from employer. My company has VPN connection to connect from home although I did not used it.

Best Regards.

Dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/04 2:47 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Hallo Vladimir,

My parents are back in India, and I got this info from a Beamter in the Fiannzamt. He referred to his book to a particular table and said that for India it is 2395 Euro (approx).

The prurpose mentioned is "Unterstützung für die Eltern" (if parents dont have job and no fixed monthly income)and they may ask to provide Kontoauszüge from your Bank account in Germany as well as in your native, to prove that it was paid into your Dad´s or Mom´s account.

Maybe others can throw some more light on this issue!

-Fred
fredjeffry at hotmail dot com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3