Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Master Abschluß in Germany + PR possibility

Toggle
Hi Guys,

Just i am curious to know what will be the case for foreigners who have completed their Masters's in germany?? and who are already in GC status??. In my case, i have a MSc from a German University and i have worked one year as Wissenschaflicher Assitent. Now, i am back in GC for the last 2 years. but my current job is also in a Unviersity. I had got a Unbefristet offer from my dienstinstitut but the admin people in my uni gave me just a contract till my GC expries as they cited that only a GC can work for 5 years and there is no use for giving me a unbefristet work permit. The biggest problem of all is that i am working for the Institut of Informatik and i see that most of the germans who finish here are lookin gforward for a job like mine which is stable and permenant.

In principle, this new law will help students who are finishing in germany but i didnt find any text on their official status after they find a job
( study- jobhunt(with permit) for one year -find a job-- then what?????)

Regards
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Master Abschluß in Germany + PR possibility
Answer
6/22/04 6:14 PM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
I am not sure but I supose that old M Abschluß doesn't help.
You should do M after new Gesetz is valid.
I supose on the other hand that Disertation-Promotion is also ein Abschluß so that you can get get a job and stay in De after Promotion.
Lawyer should know.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/04 6:18 PM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
Hi,

I just finished my MSc last year and do u still think it is a problem?
Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/04 6:20 PM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
"( study- jobhunt(with permit) for one year -find a job-- then what?????)"

if the job you have found has an offer more than 80K, then put your PR in your
pocket.. if not, bad luck for you, maybe there is a German available for the job
you have just found, maybe an EU citizen.. if you succeed all those checks then you
can get a limited residence permit.. and if you work 5 years.. and etc.. get the PR

Summary: I dont think having a German degree brings you an extra advantage rather than
this 1 year job-search time(I think you should also be able to show your OWN financial funds
for this job-search time). Please correct me, if I am wrong...

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/04 9:23 PM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
Hi Lacrima,

if they accepted Turkey as EU member then you won't have problem anymore. But have we ever thought in other direction? I mean, is it possible for foreign engineers to work in Turkey in German company relocated there?
:-))
I am rather serious now. Maybe I just count on other possibility.

Regards,
NN
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/04 10:56 PM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
Hello Esta !

I wouldnt rely on that so much.. :-) I mean EU membership of Turkey.. it looks like it will be a long story and will not come up with solid results in the near future.. but if you are interested in a cultural/work experience in Turkey.. I dont think that we have strict rules for foreigners.. and you are ofcourse always welcome.. ;-)

Take Care

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/04 10:52 AM as a reply to Rajesh Shankar.
According to the old foreigner law students had to leave Germany after they finished their study and were only allowed to apply for entering again from their home country after one year elapsed.

According to the new immigration law students can remain in Germany for 1 year after finishing their study.

And who do think is going to pay all the expenses for this year of searching?

Maybe the german tax payer?

Or maybe the students themselves?

No one has to be very intelligent to find the right answere.

I have a foreign relative, since my wife is a foreigner, who was making his diploma work in Munich and the Ausländerbehörde decided to kick him out although he had not yet finished his diploma work. Finally the Ausländerbehörde gave him another 3 month. But then they kicked him out.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott