Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

status of Greencard after jobless

Toggle
status of Greencard after jobless
Answer
6/14/04 8:56 PM
Hi Everybody,

I am satya presently jobless and have many question over the status of my visa now which i wld like to share with you all and would be glad to know the advices/suggestions.
I hold masters degree in IT here in germany and soon after my studies i have got a job in berlin with GC status. i lost the job only after working for the company for 2 months.
After that i have moved to different place and am staying there since one month.as i was out from a company in 2 months i am not eligible for arbeitslossgeld. i heard tht i might get benifited by sozialhelp to pay my taxes.so i have approached local arbeitsamt and told my status and asked to suggest for socialhelp.After seeing my visa they have suggested to go auslanderbehorde first and to change the status of my visa.going to auslanderbehorde costed me a lot,auslanderbehorde has asked me to leave the country as am jobless now.they said as my papers are all there at berlin auslanderbehorde/arbeitsamt soon after they receive they wld be sending me the letter to leave the country. i lost the job in april 2004 and my GC is there till 2008. i was issued GC in jan 2004 and was there in the company till april.
Please suggest me what shall i do..is there any such rule for GC to stay for 3-6 months even after losing the job.if there wht shall i do, shall i go to auslanderbehorde again with the rules of GC or wht can i do.
Your quick responses would highly be appreciated.

Regards,
Satya
0 (0 Votes)

Re: status of Greencard after jobless
Answer
6/14/04 9:28 PM as a reply to satya mulagala.
Hi Satya,

Have you looked at both of your visa and your contract carefully? In your visa it should be written under which conditions your visa is still valid. In Bayern it valids only when the GC holder still works in the mentioned company, I heard it's not the case in the other states.
In your contract it should be written also about contract cancellation period. In my case it's 3 months. So my employer should have asked me to leave the company 3 months before. It could mean also that after my employer asked me to leave I should receive my salary in the next 3 months, also in probation period as you have.
I suggest you consult a lawyer. Sorry, your name seems to be Indonesian. If it's right you could consult to the embassy in Berlin, if you're lucky they'll serve you :-) But it mainly depends, as I said, to your visa and contract.

Regards,
NN
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/04 9:56 PM as a reply to satya mulagala.
"In your contract it should be written also about contract cancellation period. In my case it's 3 months. So my employer should have asked me to leave the company 3 months before."

He worked only during two months, he was on probation period. it's 2 weeks during probation period ;)

"After seeing my visa they have suggested to go auslanderbehorde first and to change the status of my visa. going to auslanderbehorde costed me a lot,auslanderbehorde has asked me to leave the country as am jobless now."

I do not understand why you went to immigration office man. now you will get an act in which it will be written that you have to leave the country till some date; with that document you can go and get a social aid for the time being till that date. after that you should study contents of your residence permit, if it is not written there that it is valid only while you work, get a lawyer and send an appeal telling that your residence permit is valid; if it is written there that your residence permit is invalid, get a lawyer and think with him how it is possible to persuade officials/judge that such an obligation results in big difficulties for you. in both cases together with appeal file a request to a competent court of law, you should request that the requirement to leave the country does not come into force till the legal dispute is over. if you can not pay for lawyer yourself, make an application for corresponding aid in Sozialamt, let german citizens and working GCs pay for it from taxes *lol* ;) for everything you will have two weeks from the date when you obtain a decision of immigration office, so do not lose time, it's kind of valuable ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/04 2:51 AM as a reply to satya mulagala.
I have some old documents in which an important politician adviced the foreign offices to grant residency permit for jobless GC.
Please send me an e-mail at marox9@netscape.net and I will reply with those documents. Having them you can show them to the auslanderbehörde

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

any suggestion again???
Answer
6/15/04 12:42 PM as a reply to satya mulagala.
this is satya again and many thanx for ur suggestions and have one question to ask again...
i heard tht the auslanderbehorde ppl send a letter first in which it wld be written for a discuss..according to the discussion and their moods they will samoon the things to be done after tht.

regards,
satya
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3