Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Abyssmal feeling

Toggle
Abyssmal feeling
Answer
6/29/04 8:26 PM
I don't know about you people, but I have this real bad feeling about the whole machine and its works.. I was thinking that waiting for someone to decide (hopefully) on what procedures you are to follow and on how long you are to be somewhere, with all time being unknown, iw in a way worse than prison. In a prison one at least knows when one's term is due. Or perhaps I just outdo it...after all everyone is free to leave. That's right. On a practical level - I have to renew both my work permit and "green card" by the end of the year, as the current end Jan 1 - just when the new law would... should... who-knows...take over. And I have not the slightest idea what procedures I am to follow.

xio
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Abyssmal feeling
Answer
6/29/04 10:02 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi xio and all other GCs,

I read many messages like yours, xio, and I want to give you a little bit of peace :-)

As the older users of this forum will remember, I was always optimistic, that we will get the new immigration law, and now we will get it in a few days (9th of July in the Bundesrat) and than it will come into effect, maybe this summer or at least on the 1st of January 2005.

Sure I do not know the complete text of the law, but they will publish it very soon and there won't many changes to the draft you can download from our site since 2 years now. (Immigration section)

One thing will be fore sure and I would bat my 'Letztes Hemd' (my last shirt - a German joke), that it will give all of you enough time to apply for the 'Niederlassungserlaubnis'.

I guess you can apply for it some month in advance, so you can smoothly change from a GC to the unlimited working permission.

Every other modus would be stupid and even the German polititians are not that foolish ;-

So relax, and feel comfortable. As long as you are employed, there will be no problem.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 10:13 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi Detlef,
Many thanks for this encouraging message... Of course we all hope that what you said will happen...We just need a little patience to find out... We owe u a lot for your hard work ...
Do you think that 1 year of work contract after the 5 years of the GC should be enough to get the permant residency (Niederlassungserlaubnis)???
Have a nice evening
Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 10:33 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi zash,

yes I think so. But I do not know for sure. But as I said before, we will know in a couple of days.

Have a nice evening, too!
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 10:40 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Thanks Detlef!

Patience is a virtue, wasn't it? It is only that the few last meters often seem the hardest. I do believe there are thinking people among the political ranks. Some should be. I only fear..or rahter, hope, they will not forget to deal with the GC minority among other more "problematic" issues they have on their hands. That's all. But waiting it will be...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/04 10:44 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi Detlef,
Thanks again for your fast reply... Yes you are right, lets wait and see , hoping for the best...
I hope that as soon as the law is passed on July 9, and the text is published, that you write your comments here on this page... Please lets us know what you think of the new law as soon as the law is out.
Thanks, Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/04 6:02 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi hellfeld,

I would like you to give me more insight about my situation now. I lost my job for one and half years. I just got a job which is unlimited starting tomorrow. This is my sixth year of stay in Germany. Does it means that I can apply for PR or I still have to wait till the new law is passed? I school for two years worked for two years and unemployed for one and half years. Whiles I was in school, I worked and paid my renter for the two years. What documents do I need to apply for PR?

Thanks Koloz
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18