Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

How can I find job in Germany

Toggle
How can I find job in Germany
Answer
4/12/04 3:32 PM
How can I find job in Germany.
Can any one help me.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: How can I find job in Germany
Answer
4/13/04 11:11 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
mirfan_mcs,

1- what kind of passport(s) do you have ?
2- do you have work permit for Germany ?
3- can you speak/write German ?
4- ...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 7:45 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
In my personal opinion it is now very difficult to find a job in Germany, if you are not already there.
I have tried to find a job using search engines like monster.de and jobpilot.de. There are always many interesting positions, but until now I didn’t receive any positive feedback from the applications that I have sent (Most of the companies didn’t reply at all)
Maybe the economic crisis in Germany is the reason, or maybe the high unemployment that is causing the German employers to find employees (with work permits) locally. So they don’t need to look for employees overseas and they also don’t have to make all the Greencard’s paperwork.
Meanwhile we are approaching the dead line of the Greencard program (31.12.2004)…
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/04 5:55 PM as a reply to M Irfan.
> (Most of the companies didn’t reply at all)

Did you write your applications in English *lol*? emoticon

Normally they reply with a refusal when you are writing an application in German, and refusals really have nothing to do with your skills and your current location (in Germany or outside - it does not matter), at least till the end of 2004 while employers are not required to run lots of interviews with locals in order to get a chance for a permission of getting a foreigner. But 5-years barrier ruins everything anyways

And if you do not know German, probably it is not the best time to come here. Because people will not look at you as at the "saviour" like in 2000, but they will look at you as at the man who gets their bread away from them. so you will get no sympathy and no help, and without language in a foreign country it may get tough for you *lol* ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/04 8:22 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
Naturlicht. I'm studying german and I wrote the letters "auf Deutsch" too...
I think that someone have more posibilities if he is already in Germany, however I understant that it is not possible for a person with a tourist visa to look for a job in Germany... it's like a "chicken and egg problem" :-(
I wonder how the actual GCs got their first job. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago the job market was different?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/04 11:39 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
"I wonder how the actual GCs got their first job. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago the job market was different?", yeah, it was hell different, I can assure you.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/04 11:40 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
Yes Gus. Two years ago the things was quite different.

The first GC has studied here. If you are good enought (and I guess he was) it was really easy to get a job here.

Now there is an economical crisis, an IT market crisis and a wave of changes in the Visa for IT people.

Yes, you are right. You cannot enter as tourist, search a job and change your visa. This is not allowed. But maybe you can make two trips (if you are rich enought). The papers to work here must be processed (or at least part of them) in your home country German Embassy. We all did that.

But I suggest you to start searching in the web pages, it will take a couple of month with luck to get some concrete possibilities, but I guess for you would be better to wait until the new immigration law starts (maybe starts of 2005). Just check the other posts, today this is the "Hot Spot".

Regards and good luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/04 1:20 PM as a reply to M Irfan.
"I understant that it is not possible for a person with a tourist visa to look for a job in Germany... it's like a "chicken and egg problem""

It's possible to look for a job in Germany with a tourist visa, find it and get a warrant of issue of a work permit from local employment office. however, local immigration office can refuse to issue you a residence permit because of this:

AuslG § 8 Besondere Versagungsgründe

(1) Die Aufenthaltsgenehmigung wird auch bei Vorliegen der Voraussetzungen eines Anspruches nach diesem Gesetz versagt, wenn
2. er mit einem Visum eingereist ist, das auf Grund seiner Angaben im Visumsantrag ohne erforderliche Zustimmung der Ausländerbehörde erteilt worden ist,

in which case you take a train to Strasbourg (France), get there a new entry visa, travel back to Germany and get your residence permit. and i would like to point out that in such case it will be really hard for officials to refuse you an issue of unlimited work permit after 5 years, as you've got a warrant of issue of work permit when you were in Germany *lol* emoticon

"I wonder how the actual GCs got their first job. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago the job market was different?"

in 2000 there were approximately 5700 applicants for 8900 work places for IT-professionals, accordingly to statistic from employment office. In 2003 - 18381 applicants for 1654 work places ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/04 7:07 AM as a reply to M Irfan.
Thanks for the info "trusday" and "YO1" !
Now i'm more optimistic, specially after reading about the next Inmigrantgesetz.
Meanwhile I will continue with the job-searching.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott