Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Lawyer insurance

Toggle
Lawyer insurance
Answer
8/17/04 1:58 PM
Hi all,

could some1 recommand me a good (but not too expensive, for not to say cheap) lawyer insurance? I know some people have that and it is something really helpfull so I would like to get one too.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Lawyer insurance
Answer
8/17/04 2:16 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Nobody,
How're you doing?
OK here goes the Lawyer Insurance information.
You can try the DAS.Its a part of the ERGO Versicherungsgruppe.Costs around 70 Euros Annually.
Covers Rechtsschutz protection both in Germany as well as foreign countries with one single card.
ciao
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 2:26 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi D,

I dont think this Lawyer Insurance (Rechtschutzversicherung) is cheap. It costs around 40 euro Per quarter. My colleagues recommend D.A.S.

www.das.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 2:28 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hey guys,
Do you know actually how this "Rechtschutzversicherung" (Lawyer insurance ?) works ?

I would like to get one but I am uncertain about it, as I heard that it usually doesnt cover the expenses when you go to a lawyer just to consult smt.. it only covers the stuff when you go to court etc ? is that correct ? did anyone have some experience with this kind of insurance ?

Thanks

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 2:50 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi GnR,

I'm fine thanks, only overwhelmed by work as I should leave the company at the end of the month and I got some Überstunden u machen to get my Zeitkonto back to 0, if not, it's gonna be cut from my salary and I really don't want that :-)

Except the overhead to look for an appartment in Berlin (too many papers to submit) and the urge to find a new Nachmieter for my current appartment in Mainz, because I'm cutting the contract short and gave somehow no leaving notice....

And except the bad news we had last week regarding the renewal of the residency...

And except that I'm hungry as hell...

And except that I miss some people like SudSud, Wajeeh and the others...

And except the Arbeitsamt wants me to pay them back the money they gave me when I started working becasue they didn't react to an email I sent them...

And except that I'm lacking sleep...

I'm ok :-)

What about you, dude?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 2:53 PM as a reply to NoBody.
What I wanted to know is if this insurance covers things like letters from the lawyer to some1, consultancy of the lawyer and as I've seen, many of the areas covered are things like work, accidents... does it cover things like foreigners law and stuff like that?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 2:59 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi,

First of all congrats for ur new assignment..Sad ur not coming to Hamburg.

With Rechtschutz u have to make it early i.e for the first 3 months they do not take ur case. It is like a buffer period. So if u are having some problems right now and are trying to get a insurance then I doubt that will be of any help. I have DAS insurance and when I had probs with my last company, I just sent them papers to explain what problems I have and then they gave a green signal to consult a lawyer and also if reqd fight a case in court.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:04 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hello Folks,

Does this insurance provide for foreigners as regards access to a good lawyer
(with adequate knowledge of foreigner's right)?

Cheers !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:08 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi amolp,

yeah, sad that I'm not coming to Hamburg, I really loved the city when I was there but the company hasn't responded til now and I got another job, different position but same salary so... and I was more than eager to quit my actual job.

I got no problem at the moment, that's why I wanted to do it now so I could plan to get some problems in the future :-) just kidding, but we never know and that's why I wanted to get one.

As you're all talking good about the DAS, i think I will take that one straight away and wait for people who would like to make me problems. :-)

Take care,

D.

PS We will surely meet, fear not, Hamburg is not really that far from Berlin, is it?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:14 PM as a reply to NoBody.
But you see, as I was saying, here are the things they are covering: Privat-, Berufs- und Verkehrs-Rechtsschutz, Privat- und Berufs-Rechtsschutz, Rechtsschutz für den Verkehrsbereich, Rechtsschutz für Senioren, Wohnungs- und Grundstücks-Rechtsschutz.

And I think that's why you could talk to them for your pbm with your job, but there's really nothing regarding foreigner right, right? or with asylum.

So that means if you want to get things done in one of the two, they won't cover it, as I could understand. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:25 PM as a reply to NoBody.
I dunno if it's a secret info but I've checked the DAS website and there's nothing about the price it costs. Can some1 confirm the 70 euros per year and show it on the website before I go too far with them?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Lawyer insurance - alien law
Answer
8/17/04 3:31 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi folks,

believe it or not, but this topic is on my list since some weeks. After searching for quite a time I found a pretty big 'Kanzlei', a coop of some young and successful lawyers, who are specialized in 'Alien Law'.

I will meet some of them on Thursday evening and I hope, that I can tell you some news after this meeting.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:51 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hum, looks like I've hacked your agenda, Detlef :-) But I'm glad to know that you've that on your list and I really hope you could give us some news about that after your meeting, to know what we could do toward that because it's really the kinda guys who will be getting some serious cases, a lot of cases in the coming months, if you see what I mean :-)

And said before, if this could bring some services of yours, I will be glad to subscribe to it.

Greetings from Mainz, passing by Köln and waiting to stop in Berlin.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 3:59 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi D,

Use the link RECHNER--> VERSICHERUNG--> RECHTSCHUTZ on the left margin or ONLINE ABSCHLUSS. You have to provide some datas and it will tell you the beitrag.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 4:04 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Yeah, tested it with a 3 years-contract, price to pay per month, a little less than 17 euros. It looks ok.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 4:06 PM as a reply to NoBody.
17 x 12 = 204 Euro per year !!

Thats why I told its not so cheap. ;-)

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 4:36 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Yeah but 17 euros per month is like... skipping 3 meals at the cantine per month :-) Sot it looks affordable. But if you can suggest cheaper...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 4:44 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Ha ha ha.... good comparison! btw, our canteen offers good food for 3-4 euro ;-)

I am from near Wiesbaden. If you dont mind, pls do mail me at fredjeffry at hotmail dot com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 4:57 PM as a reply to NoBody.
4 euros per meal, for 17 euros, you can just decide not the eat at the canteen every friday to feed your lawyer :-) that's quite a good decision, ain't it?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 5:02 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Yeah :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 6:09 PM as a reply to NoBody.
That's definitively the funniest thing I have read today! :-) LOL
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 6:24 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Nobody,

204 is expensive..I had done it for approx 70 Euros with a Selbstbeteiligung of 150 euros. Also My friend took Rechtz + Haus and without Selbstbeteiligung that costed him approx 120 to max 150 Euros. I think ur selecting wrong options.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 6:53 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Amolp, you wrote "I have DAS insurance" and fred wrote "My colleagues recommend D.A.S. www.das.de", it looks like the same people, ain't it?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 7:50 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Yeah, its one and the same.

I clicked on the reply button, but posted the message only after 10 mins, and then noticed that amolph has already recommended.

But there´s no UNDO option, right? ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 7:56 PM as a reply to NoBody.
And how come you guys have too really different prices? Quite the double...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/04 12:46 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi,

I just checked out at DAS Site. It does look that the prices have gone up. emoticon Sad for you..I did it last yr in November and had the price that I mentioned.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/04 1:27 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Ok, and as said above, I will then stop eating at the canteen every friday :-)

But I would like first to wait for the feedback or the words of Detlef after his meeting with the lawyers on Thursday to see which move I will have to make.

It's down for you D.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3