Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

GC valid?

Toggle
GC valid?
Answer
12/1/03 6:17 PM
Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank to initiators of this site. This is a very good place to find out more info on this yet controversial (for some) GC program. Excellent job guys … keep going the same way.
I have a quick question for you guys.
I’m in Germany on GC as many of you are. It’s a five-year visa and is not bound to any employer. The thing I want to know is what happens with my GC if I leave Germany for a 1 year contract in USA. When I come back after the contract ends, am I entitled to use the same GC to get a work permit or shall I apply for another GC or some other kind of work permit?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Florinux
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC valid?
Answer
12/1/03 8:18 PM as a reply to Florin C.
Hi, florinux!

see FAQ issue

Expiration of the Permit

The residence permit expires automatically if you leave the country and do not come back within six months. Only the Foreigners’ Office can extend this time limit. It also expires if you leave the country for a reason that cannot be temporary due to its nature (for example, if you go back to your country after officially giving up your apartment ...

...or: if you work for another employer in a another country....

Regards

jens
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC valid?
Answer
12/2/03 4:52 AM as a reply to Florin C.
But I think that if you go on this contract for your current employer, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

If not, you gonna simply loose it.

BTW and in case on leave for a contract in another european country and keep his family (wife and kids) here, any problem with that too?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18