Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

New Green Card, laws and holes again

Toggle
New Green Card, laws and holes again
Answer
9/30/04 1:21 PM
Dear Green card..lers:
As most of our Greencards are going to expire sooooon...
is it possible to get a new green card now... this is the scenario

I cancel my greencard now,
go back home for one month vacation
as my employer to apply for a new greencard for me
get a new green card which will be valid for new 5 years,
as simple as that
is there any body or NoBody know why this may not work....risks...
awaiting for replies...thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New Green Card, laws and holes again
Answer
9/30/04 2:47 PM as a reply to Abedul Alomari.
Man, your way or writting NoBody means you are directly addressing to me, right? :-) What you are saying looks plausible, but what if the people treating your new GC application reconsider the fact that you already had one and then give you one according to that, meaning minus the time you've already made here? The question is to know if there's a limit of time from which a GC becomes really invalidate and can't be considered anymore.
Noone has ever considered that, so I won't be able to answer you, not wanting to run the risk as saying something which is not true.
You can even try and tell us what, so we all know and may be do it if it works :-) and you better do it quick, the limit of GC application is 3 months ahead so you better start now, at your own risks, for sure.
But do take in account that your employer will surely have to answer the fact that he wants to re-employ you after either firing you or you resigning, because you would need one of the two to be able to cancel your GC. The second being better because he can suggest that you came back to your mind and that you agree to come back after some sort of increase salary.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18